John of Kronstadt

  • marksedrak
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2005
      "During prayer, intentional, deliberate, extreme humility is
      indispensable. We must remember who speaks and what he says, this is
      especially necessary during the Lord's Prayer: `Our Father...'
      Humility destroys all the snares of the enemy. Ah! How much secret
      pride there is in us. This, we say, I know; this I do not need; this
      is not for me; this is superfluous; in that I am not a sinner. How
      much sophistry of our own!"

      John of Kronstadt
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2007

        Never confuse the person formed in the image of God, with the evil that is in him: because evil is but a chance misfortune, an illness, a devilish reverie. But the very essence of the person is the image of God, and this remains in him despite every disfigurement.

        John of Kronstadt

      • marksedrak
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3 5:41 PM
          Remember that we are all weak, are very easily overcome by passions,
          and therefore be meek and patient to those who sin against you,
          knowing that you yourself often suffer from the same infirmity as your
          brother. Forgive those who trespass against you, so that God may
          forgive your trespasses incomparably greater than the trespasses of
          others against you. Always be calm, patient, kind-hearted,
          unsuspicious, and firm, and you will always triumph over your enemies.

          Fr. John of Kronstadt – Spiritual Counsels
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 7, 2008
            Never confuse the person, formed in the image of God, with the evil that is in him: because evil is but a chance misfortune, an illness, a devilish attack. But the very essence of the person is the image of God, and this remains in him despite every disfigurement.

            John of Kronstadt

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 17, 2011

              Kissing with the lips corresponds to kissing with the soul; and when we kiss holy things, we ought to kiss them with the soul and heart as well as the lips.

              John of Kronstadt, My Life in Christ

              http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/4763564/my-life-in-christ-paperback