From the Sayings of the Desert Fathers

  • marksedrak
    Message 1 of 45 , Jan 18, 2005
      Abba Antony said, "I saw all the snares of the Enemy laid out upon the
      ground, and I groaned and said, "Who can escape from these?" And the
      devils said unto me, "Humility maketh a man to escape from these, for
      we cannot attain unto it."
      Message 45 of 45 , May 15, 2013
        Christ is Risen! + Indeed He is Risen!

        Abba Theodotos said, 'If you live contently, do not judge one who who lusts, for like him you disobey the law. For the one who said, "Do not lust" also said, "Do not judge".'

        From: The World of the Desert Fathers