Psalm 56 [Be gracious to me, O God, for people trample on me]

  • marksedrak
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2005
      Be gracious to me, O God, for people trample on me; all day long foes
      oppress me; my enemies trample on me all day long, for many fight
      against me. O Most High, when I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In
      God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I am not afraid; what can
      flesh do to me? All day long they seek to injure my cause; all their
      thoughts are against me for evil. They stir up strife, they lurk,
      they watch my steps. As they hoped to have my life, so repay them for
      their crime; in wrath cast down the peoples, O God! You have kept
      count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in
      your record? Then my enemies will retreat in the day when I call.
      This I know, that God is for me. In God, whose word I praise, in the
      LORD, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I am not afraid. What can
      a mere mortal do to me? My vows to you I must perform, O God; I will
      render thank offerings to you. For you have delivered my soul from
      death, and my feet from falling, so that I may walk before God in the
      light of life.

      Psalm 56