Psalm 50:1-15 [The mighty one, God the LORD, speaks ...]

  • marksedrak
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      The mighty one, God the LORD, speaks and summons the earth from the
      rising of the sun to its setting. Out of Zion, the perfection of
      beauty, God shines forth. Our God comes and does not keep silence,
      before him is a devouring fire, and a mighty tempest all around him.
      He calls to the heavens above and to the earth, that he may judge his
      people: "Gather to me my faithful ones, who made a covenant with me by
      sacrifice!" The heavens declare his righteousness, for God himself is
      judge. "Hear, O my people, and I will speak, O Israel, I will testify
      against you. I am God, your God. Not for your sacrifices do I rebuke
      you; your burnt offerings are continually before me. I will not accept
      a bull from your house, or goats from your folds. For every wild
      animal of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. I know
      all the birds of the air, and all that moves in the field is mine. "If
      I were hungry, I would not tell you, for the world and all that is in
      it is mine. Do I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?
      Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the
      Most High. Call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and
      you shall glorify me."

      Psalm 50:1-15