Clement of Rome

  • marksedrak
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2004
      Let us, then, not only call Him Lord, for that will not save us. For
      He says, `Not every one that says to Me, Lord, Lord, shall be saved,
      but he that works righteousness.' Wherefore, brethren, let us confess
      Him by our works, by loving one another, by not committing adultery,
      or speaking evil of one another, or cherishing envy; but being
      continent, compassionate, and good. We ought also to sympathize with
      one another and not be avaricious. By such works let us confess Him,
      and not by those that are of an opposite kind. And it is not fitting
      that we should fear men, but rather God.

      Clement of Rome
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 23, 2008

        You must realize, brothers, that our stay in this world of the flesh is slight and short, but Christ’s promise is great and wonderful, and means rest in the coming Kingdom and in eternal life. What, then, must we do to get these things, except to lead a holy and upright life and to regard these things of the world as alien to us and not to desire them? For in wanting these things we fall from the right way.

        Clement of Rome – 2 Clement, §5

        Commonly Called Clement's Second Letter to the Corinthians

        http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2353077

        http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2589459

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 16, 2012
          We must recognize, therefore, that all upright men have been graced by good works, and that even the Lord himself took delight in the glory his works gave him. This should inspire us with a resolute determination to do his will and make us put our whole strength into the work of living a Christian life.