Psalm 48 [Great is the LORD and greatly to be praised]

  • marksedrak
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2004
      Great is the LORD and greatly to be praised in the city of our God.
      His holy mountain, beautiful in elevation, is the joy of all the
      earth, Mount Zion, in the far north, the city of the great King.
      Within its citadels God has shown himself a sure defense. Then the
      kings assembled, they came on together. As soon as they saw it, they
      were astounded; they were in panic, they took to flight; trembling
      took hold of them there, pains as of a woman in labor, as when an east
      wind shatters the ships of Tarshish. As we have heard, so have we seen
      in the city of the LORD of hosts, in the city of our God, which God
      establishes forever. We ponder your steadfast love, O God, in the
      midst of your temple. Your name, O God, like your praise, reaches to
      the ends of the earth. Your right hand is filled with victory. Let
      Mount Zion be glad, let the towns of Judah rejoice because of your
      judgments. Walk about Zion, go all around it, count its towers,
      consider well its ramparts; go through its citadels, that you may tell
      the next generation that this is God, our God forever and ever. He
      will be our guide forever.

      Psalm 48