Psalm 42 [As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you]

  • marksedrak
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2004
      As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O
      God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come
      and behold the face of God? My tears have been my food day and
      night, while people say to me continually, ""Where is your God?"
      These things I remember, as I pour out my soul: how I went with the
      throng, and led them in procession to the house of God, with glad
      shouts and songs of thanksgiving, a multitude keeping festival. Why
      are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you disquieted within me?
      Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my help and my God. My
      soul is cast down within me; therefore I remember you from the land
      of Jordan and of Hermon, from Mount Mizar. Deep calls to deep at the
      thunder of your cataracts; all your waves and your billows have gone
      over me. By day the LORD commands his steadfast love, and at night
      his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life. I say to God,
      my rock, ""Why have you forgotten me? Why must I walk about
      mournfully because the enemy oppresses me?" As with a deadly wound
      in my body, my adversaries taunt me, while they say to me
      continually, ""Where is your God?" Why are you cast down, O my soul,
      and why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall again
      praise him, my help and my God.

      Psalm 42