Head, National Council of Churches arrested in protest over Sudan

  • saad3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2004
      Shouldn't we do something for the Christians of Sudan?

      Ecumenical News International
      News Highlights

      Head of US church body arrested in protest over Sudan

      Washington DC (ENI). The head of the US National Council of
      Churches who was arrested outside the Sudanese embassy in
      Washington DC said it was a protest to call attention to the
      worsening humanitarian situation in the western Sudan region of
      Darfur.

      NCC general secretary, the Rev. Robert Edgar, was one of 50 people taking part in the protest about the situation in Darfur, where tens of thousands of people have died and more than 1 million people in the region have been displaced in what observers are calling "ethnic cleansing."