8th century painting needs restoration!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18 4:29 PM
      The St. Shenouda Society in keeping with its mission to preserve the Coptic Heritage is coordinating a fundraising campaign on behalf of a Dutch-Italian team that is working on the restoration of the precious wall paintings in the ancient Wadi al-Natrun monastery of al-Surian (Deir al-Surian). The team is headed by a long-time colleague Dr. Karel Innemee, who is continuing a long tradition of restoration work by Leiden University, Holland, at this monastery. The fundraising campaign of $20,000 is for cleaning and restoration of large wall painting of the visitation of the Magi, which is called in the West 'Epiphany'. It is being done online through this website: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/255690355/an-8th-century-painting-needs-restoration?ref=live. There is only 5 days left. If we do not meet or exceed this goal, we will not receive any funds and anything collected will not be charged to the project backer. I hope you will take a look at the website above and see if you can help. All contributions will be channeled through the Society and transmitted to the Team in Europe. So all contributions will be tax-deductible within the United States. Thank you for your consideration and God bless you during this blessed season of the Fast of the Virgin Mary.

      Please pass this message or share with your friends immediately because time is short. Money needs to be put into this website directly but we can put it using the Society card if need be, assuming they will contribute the money to the Society. This is very important for the Society's image internationally as promoting the preservation of our heritage.

      Hany N. Takla, President
      St. Shenouda the Archimandrite Coptic Society
      1494 S Robertson Blvd Ste 104
      LOS ANGELES CA 90035-3482
      USA