Cyril of Alexandria

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 20, 2013
      O sublime condescension! The Creator gives himself to his creatures for their delight. Life bestows itself on mortals as food and drink. “Come, eat my body,” he exhorts us, “and drink the wine I have mingled for you. I have prepared myself as food. I have mingled myself for those who desire me. Of my own will I became flesh and have become a partaker of your flesh and blood. . . . Eat of me as I am life, and live, for this is what I desire. . . . Eat my bread, for I am the life-giving grain of the wheat, and I am the bread of life. Drink the wine I have mingled for you, for I am the draught of immortality. . . . I am the true vine; drink my joy, the wine that I have mingled for you.”

      Cyril of Alexandria, Meditation on the Mystical Supper 10

      Sunday Sermons of the Great Fathers, Volume 1

      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/2261143/sunday-sermons-of-the-great-fathers-4