Ephrem the Syrian

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12 2:55 PM
      Glory to you, Lord Jesus Christ! You built your cross as a bridge over death, so that departed souls might pass from the realm of death to the realm of life. Glory to you! You put on the body of a mortal man and made it the source of life for all mortal human beings. You are alive! Your murderers handled your life like farmers: they sowed it like grain deep in the earth, waiting for it to spring up and raise with itself a multitude of men. We offer you the great, universal sacrifice of our love, and pour out before you our richest hymns and prayers. For you offered your cross to God as a sacrifice in order to make us all rich.

      Ephrem the Syrian, Sermon on our Lord, 3-4.9