Announcement: St. Cyril of Alexandria Orthodox Society

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2013

      Saint Cyril of Alexandria Orthodox Society
      www.stcyrilsociety.org
      Toll-Free: 1-855-STCYRIL
      For Immediate Release:

      ST. CYRIL OF ALEXANDRIA ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN SOCIETY LAUNCHES
      ONLINE MISSION MODULES

      LOS ANGELES, CA (22 January 2013) – St. Cyril of Alexandria Orthodox Christian Society (SCS) launches its online mission modules, building on the established traditions and teachings of the Orthodox Christian Church. SCS seeks to work alongside the existing ministry programs offered by local parishes to prepare the next generation of Orthodox Christians to face the challenges of a new era.

      SCS is providing quality education for a broad audience by leveraging modern technology to offer online classes, thus introducing a contemporary method to effectively share the Orthodox Christian faith in our ever-changing global village.

      The structure of the SCS program is intended to cover topics that discuss various elements of the Orthodox Christian faith, along with their application in the contemporary world. For the spring term, commencing February 11, 2013, SCS will be offering three courses that cover Faith and Reason, Church History, and Liturgical Theology.

      Our mission is to establish a community of Orthodox Christian theological fellowship whereby prospective and current young servants, scholars and missionaries can utilize various resources for spiritual growth and leadership development in present or future Christian ministry through affordable and attainable education.

      The true value of education starts with experience and
      praxis. Orthodox Christian education is about actualizing theological dogmas into a lifestyle of communal mission and service. We invite you to participate in our modules to experience the depth, diversity and modernity of our Orthodox Christian faith through the eyes of Church Fathers, History, Liturgical practice, and the contemporary desire to fulfill the Great Commission of Christ (Matthew 28:16).

      For more information visit our website at
      http://www.stcyrilsociety.org

      ###

      St. Cyril of Alexandria Orthodox Christian Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization aimed at raising the awareness of Orthodox Christian teachings through patristic living, research and education. Visit SCS at
      www.stcyrilsociety.org