Ignatius Brianchaninov

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2013
      God does not need our prayers! He knows what we need even before we ask. He is the all-merciful, and he pours his abundant bounties even on those who do not ask him. It is for us that prayer is indispensable; it appropriates man to God.

      Ignatius Brianchaninov on Prayer

      From “Orthodox Prayer Life: The Interior Way” by Fr. Matthew the Poor
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/4862413/orthodox-prayer-life-the-interior

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2014

        Do not consider it sufficient for yourself to read the Gospel alone, without the reading of the Holy Fathers! This is a proud, dangerous thought. Better, let the Holy Fathers lead you to the Gospel, as their beloved child who has received his preparatory upbringing and education by means of their writings.

        Ignatius Brianchaninov, The Arena
        Be sure to join The Orthodox Bookstore on the following platforms!