The Lament of Eve

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2012
      My Lord, my God, my Creator made me. He formed me out of your father Adam's rib, a woman consubstantial with her husband.

      He loved us and nurtured us, and gave us equal dignity. He fashioned me to be a helpmate to my husband to nurture, in turn, the land the beasts and even the birds of the air - all creatures over which He gave us both dominion.

      In making us, He did not say "Let there be,' as He had done in making all, including the animals which He made first for us. My Lord deliberated with My Lord and said "Let Us make man according to Our image and likeness," to make us a special creation: to give us honor, dignity, dominion, and a mind to give Him proper glory.

      The Lament of Eve