Thomas à Kempis

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2012
      My Son, I am the Lord who sends comfort in time of tribulation. Come therefore, to me when it is not well with you, for I am merciful. What hinders you most is that you turn yourself to me too slowly; before you pray heartily to Me you seek many other comforts, and refresh your spirit in outward things and this helps you little. Behold and see, that I am Him who shows mercy and comforts all who faithfully call to Me, and that without Me there can be no profitable counsel or perfect remedy. After your trouble, be comforted in Me, and have full trust in the light of My mercy, for I am near you to help and restore you to grace in great abundance.

      Thomas à Kempis – The Imitation of Christ
      Taken from: Through the Year with the Church Fathers

      Also availalbe in audio as part of the CCEL MP3 Collection 1: Journals and Biographies