Athanasius

    Message 1 of 10 , May 15, 2012
      Christ is Risen! + Truly He is Risen!

      We see that the radiance from the sun is integral to it, and that the substance of the sun is not divided or diminished; but it is entire, and its radiance perfect and entire, and the radiance does not diminish the substance of the light, but as it were a genuine offspring from it. Thus we see that the Son is begotten not from without, but “from the Father” and the Father remains entire, while the “stamp of His substance” (Hebrews 1:3) exists always and preserves the likeness and image without alteration.

      Athanasius, Four Discourses Against the Arians, 2.33
      From: Learning Theology with the Church Fathers
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/6860196/learning-theology-with-the-church-fathers

      part of the “with the Church Fathers set”
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/6860251/with-the-church-fathers-set-3-volumes