Lev Gillet - Advent/Winter Pascha Specials

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2011

      Whenever the interior flame is lacking, there have to be commandments written on tablets of stone... if today we abstain from killing, lying, stealing, committing adultery, it is no longer because these things have been subjected to the prohibitions written on tables of stone, but because someone has lived in a certain way, and has died in a certain way.”

      God revealed himself to Moses on Mount Horeb as a fire which burns but does not consume. Jesus, Lev Gillet, tells us, is the fullest manifestation of the God who revealed himself to Moses in the burning bush. He is the one who shows us to undertake the way He lived, a way which reveals "the God of Limitless Love", the love which burns but does not consume.

      As we prepare to receive our incarnate Lord this upcoming Nativity Feast, The Orthodox Bookstore is pleased to offer free shipping on Lev Gillet's (Monk of the Eastern Church), “Burning Bush”. This book makes for an excellent Advent/Winter Pascha reading and devotional. In addition, to help bring in the New Year, we will also offer free shipping on Lev Gillet's, book on the Jesus Prayer, “On the Invocation of the Name”.

      Lastly, for children, we are pleased to offer free shipping on "Prepare O Bethlehem!" Celebrate and proclaim in word and song the celestial joy of the incarnation. This book contains the Orthodox Church's hymns of the prefeast and feast of the Nativity of our Lord. These beloved texts, are wonderfully illustrated by Niko Chocheli, and are filled with beauty and power. They tell in a touching way of the all-embracing participation of creatures in the Creator's coming.

      For churches/bookstores ordering 10 or more copies of these titles or any other Templegate titles, The Orthodox Bookstore is pleased to offer a 40% discount. For St. Vladimir’s Seminary Press titles we offer a 30% discount. Please contact us directly for these offers.

      These free shipping promotions will be available through Wednesday, November 30, 2011. Please visit the website for more information on these titles.
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/c/559674/special-offers

      For more information about our distribution offerings, please contact us directly.

      Have a blessed fast, and please keep us and this service in your prayers.

      In Christ,
      Mark Sedrak
      The Orthodox Bookstore
      orthodoxbookstore@...