Father John Romanides

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2 9:24 PM

      The chief concern of the Orthodox Church is the healing of the human soul. The Church has always considered the soul as the part of the human being that needs healing because She has seen from Hebrew tradition, from Christ Himself, and from the Apostles that in the region of the physical heart there functions something that the Fathers called the nous. In other words, the Fathers took the traditional term nous, which means both intellect (dianoia) and speech or reason (logos), and gave it a different meaning. They used nous to refer to this noetic energy that functions in the heart of every spiritually healthy person.

      Father John Romanides, What is the Human Nous?

      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/9806207/patristic-theology

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 24 6:46 PM
        The Incarnate Word is the center of a phenomenon that we can describe as a circle or spiral. At the center or along the central axis is the Incarnate Word. When we behold the Word, we behold the Father in the Holy Spirit. When we behold the Word, we behold the Church. When we behold the Word, we behold the communion of the saints. When we behold the Word, we behold all the mysteries of the Church.