Metropolitan Hierotheos Vlachos of Nafpaktos

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2010
      The first Church was completed with the creation of man, Adam and Eve, and their being placed in Paradise. So it is that men sang praises to the glory of God with the angels.

      Metropolitan Hierotheos Vlachos of Nafpaktos
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/9413562/the-mind-of-orthodox-church

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2011
        It is necessary that we live in Christ, the Word of God and become Christ and the Word of God by grace. This is achieved when we live in the Church and participate in its holy mysteries, for, the "Church is manifested in the holy mysteries, not as in symbols, but rather like the members of the body in the heart and like the branches of the plant in the root and, as the Lord said, like the vine branches in the vineyard" (Kavasilas). This is achieved with the invocation of the name of Jesus and the reciting of the Jesus prayer. "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner", especially as the Jesus prayer is very closely associated with Holy Communion.

        Metropolitan Hierotheos Vlachos of Nafpaktos, A Night in the Desert of the Holy Mountain
        In Christ,
        Mark Sedrak
        The Orthodox Bookstore