Basil the Great

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 20 9:50 AM

      But the Spirit is believed to have been operating at the same time in Habakkuk and in Daniel at Babylon, and to have been at the prison with Jeremiah, and with Ezekiel at the Chebar. For the Spirit of the Lord filleth the world, and “whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?” And, in the words of the Prophet, “For I am with you, saith the Lord…and my spirit remaineth among you.”

      Basil the Great, On the Holy Spirit
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/2332899/on-the-holy-spirit-basil-great

      Message 2 of 13 , May 11, 2011
        Christ is Risen! + Truly He is Risen!

        The Holy Spirit gives life to all, together with the Father Who enlivens all things and the life-giving Son. Romans 8:11 reveals, "but if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you." Goodness, illumination, holiness, and resurrection come therefore from the cooperative work of the Holy Trinity, demonstrating both the divine dignity of the Holy Spirit and the unity of the Godhead.

        Basil the Great, On the Holy Spirit