Metropolitan Kallistos Ware

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2010
      The aim of the Jesus Prayer, as of all Christian prayer, is that our prayer become increasingly identified with Jesus the High Priest within us, that our life life should become one with His life, our breathing with the Divine Breath that sustains the universe.

      Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
      The Power of the Name
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=5568542

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2010
        Prayer is action; to pray is to be highly effective. Of no prayer is this more true than of the Jesus Prayer. While it is singled out for a particular mention in the office of monastic profession as a prayer for monks and nuns, it is equally a prayer for laymen, for married couples, for doctors, and psychiatrists, for social workers, and bus conductors.

        His Eminence Metropolitan Kallistos Ware of Diokleia, The Power of the Name

        Please note that our Ecclesiastical New Year Special is only available for a couple more days (through Wednesday, September 15, 2010)
        http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/9093324/ecclesiastical-year-special#

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 23, 2012
          A person is far more that the conscious mind; besides the brain and reasoning faculties there are emotions and affections, the aesthetic sensitivity, together with the deep instinctive layers of the personality. All these have a function to perform in prayer, for the whole person is called to share in the total act of worship.

          Metropolitan Kallistos Ware, The Power of the Name