Irenaeus

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 7, 2010
      Christ is Born! + Let us Glorify Him!

      For if He did not receive the substance of flesh from a human being, He neither was made man nor the Son of man; and if He was not made what we were, He did no great thing in what He suffered and endured. But everyone will allow that we are [composed of] a body taken from the earth, and a soul receiving spirit from God. This, therefore, the Word of God was made, recapitulating in Himself His own handiwork; and on this account does He confess Himself the Son of man, and blesses the meek, because they shall inherit the earth" (Matthew 5:5).

      Irenaeus, Against Heresies (Book III, Chapter 22)

      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2361285

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 16, 2010
        He appeared as man in the fullness of time, and being God’s Word, He summed up in Himself all things in heaven and on earth. He united man with God and brought about communion between God and man.

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 31, 2010
          The prophets who proclaimed Him as Emmanuel, born of a Virgin, were showing forth the union of the Word of God with His own handiwork. They were announcing that the Word would be made flesh, that the Son of God would be the Son of Man, that the pure One, in a pure way, would open that pure womb which regenerates men in God, that pure womb which He Himself made to be pure.

          Irenaeus, Against the Heresies
          Scandal of the Incarnation
          http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/3314920/scandal-of-the-incarnation

          Message 4 of 13 , May 28, 2011
            Christ is Risen! + Indeed He is Risen!

            He sent the creative Word, who, coming to save us, was in the same place and situation in which we were when we lost life, breaking the bonds of the prison; and His light appeared and dispelled the darkness of the prison, and sanctified our birth and abolished death, loosening the same bonds by which we were trapped. And He demonstrated the resurrection, becoming Himself "the first-born from the dead," and raising in Himself fallen.

            Irenaeus, On the Apostolic Preaching

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 21, 2011

              Man is in as much need of communion with God as God is in need of nothing. For this is the glory of man: to persevere and remain in the service of God.

              Irenaeus, Against the Heresies
              The Scandal of the Incarnation
              http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/3314920/scandal-of-the-incarnation

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 7, 2014
                He became the Son of Man to accustom man to receive God and God to dwell in man.

                Irenaeus, Against the Heresies (3, 20, 2)
                From: The Scandal of the Incarnation
                http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/3314920/scandal-of-the-incarnation?keywords=The+Scandal+of+the+Incarnation%3A
                Be sure to join The Orthodox Bookstore on the following platforms!