Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2009
      The day when God is absent, when He is silent - that is the beginning of prayer. Not when we have a lot to say, but when we say to God “I can’t live without You.”

      Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

      Beginning to Pray

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
        Your prayer must be turned inwards , not towards a God of Heaven nor towards a God far off, but towards a God who is closer than you are aware.

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 19 5:23 PM
          Christ is Risen! + Indeed, He is Risen!

          She [the Church] sees not only the world darkened by sin but the world transfigured, in which the resurrection and eternal life are already present.

          Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 21 7:38 PM
            Christ is Risen! + Truly, He is Risen!

            It was in the light of the Resurrection that I could read with certainty the story of the Gospel, knowing that everything was true in it because the impossible event of the Resurrection was to me more certain than any event in history.

            http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3018774

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
              What we must start with, if we wish to pray, is the certainty that we are sinners in need of salvation, that we are cut off from God and that we cannot live without Him and that all we can offer God is our desperate longing to be made such that God will receive us, receive us in repentance, receive us with mercy and with love.

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 5, 2011

                Prayer is the search for God, encounter with God, and is going beyond this encounter in communion. Thus it is an activity, a state and also a situation; a situation both with respect to God and to the created world.

                Metropolitan Anthony Bloom, Courage to Pray
                http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/4870718/courage-to-pray