Heavenly Message - He raised us from the tomb of sin

  • Abdelmalek, Raymond J
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2004
      Heavenly Message - He raised us from the tomb of sin

      Heavenly Message

      "and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer."  - Revelation 6:2

      Church Celebrations:

      * Sunday, Barmuda 3rd, April 11, 2004, The glorious feast of the Resurrection.
      * Monday, Barmuda 4th, April 12, 2004, the commemoration of Christ's appearance to the two disciples from Emmaus.
      * Wednesday, Barmuda 6th, April 14, 2004, the departure of Saint Mary of Egypt.

      Saying of the Fathers:

              Yesterday (on good Friday) the lamb was slaughtered, and the doorposts were marked by His blood...
              And the deadly angel passed with his destructive, frightening, and awful sword...For we are kept by the precious blood...

              Yesterday, I was crucified with Christ, and today I am glorified with Him.
              Yesterday, I died with Him and today I was given a life with Him.
              Yesterday, I was buried with Him and today I rise with Him.

      - Saint Gregory of Nazianzen

      He raised us from the tomb of sin

              Today, resurrection is truly a reality that we live because of the dwelling of the Holy Spirit within us - the Spirit of the Resurrection. This happens by the anointment of the Chrism, as the apostle said "But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." (Romans 8:11)

              Resurrection is not an act but rather an inner man that is renewed everyday.
              Resurrection is a life, and a daily experience, we taste, each time we get close to the cross and carry it with joy.

              Resurrection is not a story...but rather a life in which the Christian feels the power of his rising from sin...,
              From the daily weakness, anger, hatred, love of praise, ... ego and lusts of this world.
              Therefore we say we are with Christ... died with Christ (we were crucified) and we live (rise), not us,
              but rather Christ Who lives within us. Creation is not a mental task, for we were dead by sin...
              A dead man perishes, his smell is stenchy, and is incapacitated ...
              Then came the Spirit of resurrection, dwelled within us by the anointment of the Chrism, and made us rise from the dead we, who were in the tomb of sin.

              Resurrection is a task that was done, and is done daily by the Holy Spirit when He makes us rise from the stench of the death of sin. He always puts to death the work of the flesh in order to revive it. "For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. (spirit and body)" (Romans 8:13).

              Fear of death will remain with man until his ego dies and thus he can live the resurrection.

      Words of spiritual benefit

      From the book "The fruits of the paradise" Part 5

      By Hegumen Bishoy Kamel

      May the grace of God be with you in everything you do.

      Servant of Christ,
      Ray Abdelmalek
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CopticYouthPictures
      To Subscribe:
      CopticYouthPictures-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      "Life is an opportunity to serve, love, and forgive as God, himself, has done for us."