Nil Sorsky

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009

      The fathers teach that if prayers are only on the lips, but the spirit is not involved, it is as though prayer is being offered to the air. God pays attention to only to the spirit praying. - Nil Sorsky

      From Nil Sorsky: The Complete Writings
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3018648

      Be sure to join The Orthodox Bookstore page on facebook!
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2010
        Death's awful mystery comes upon us suddenly, and soul and body are violently severed, divorced from their natural union by the will of God. What shall we do at that hour if we have not thought of it beforehand, if we have not been instructed concerning this eventuality and find ourselves unprepared?