2009 LA Diocese Summer Retreat

  • George Mekhaiel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2009
    +Irini nem Ehmot!

    The Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Los Angeles and Hawaii gladly announces this year's college convention.

    "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation." (2 Cor 5: 17-19)

    The theme--as indicated by the title--is "New Martyrdom."

    Our guest speakers will be His Grace Bishop Suriel, Bishop of Melbourne, Australlia, and AC Green (Yes, the basketball player). This will simply be one of the best (if not THE best) retreats our diocese has hosted.
    This is open to all college students and all incoming freshman (if you just graduated), no exceptions.

    The cost is only $145. No, it will not be in the Coptic Village; rather, it will be near six flags at:

    The Oaks Conference and Retreat Center
    18651 Pine Canyon Road
    Lake Hughes, CA, 93532

    We ask you to keep the service in your prayers, and we WILL see you there, God willing.

    DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS THE FIRST WEEK IN JULY. PLEASE REGISTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.