Be Good News

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004
      Be Good News

      People need someone to make them happy and to lighten up their troubles with the hope that opens a window of light that shines in the midst of their tribulations to dissipate these troubles and give a new hope.

      You too be so: whenever you have a joyful word, share it with others. And whenever you have a troubling word, postpone saying it so you wouldn't disturb others.

      How beautiful is the saying of the Bible, "how beautiful are the feet of those who bring glad tidings of good things." (Romans 10:15)

      Be cheerful with everyone and do your utmost to spread happiness among people. Meet people with gentle smile and a sweet word. People do not like frowning features and angry faces that make them lose the peace of their heart and the quietness of their feelings.

      Make people happy to meet you, and make them feel that you bring them joy and, to them, your arrival is always good news.

      Look how people draw good omen and rejoice because of just one happy word that they read in the horoscope or fortune-book. It could fill their heart with joy and boost their morale although nobody knows the future except God.

      What made them happy was nothing but a word.
      Look at the word of the "Gospel" and how it means "Good News".
      Preaching the Gospel was announcing the Good News which the Angel gave to the shepherds, "I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people", (Luke 2:10).

      Look how the Lord Jesus Christ said to the people, "Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest", (Matthew 11:28).

      If you are unable to carry people's burdens, at least do not be a cause of their troubles.

      Words of spiritual benefit

      Pope Shenouda III