1566Symposium, "Liturgical Music, East and West, ” Loyola U, this Fri/Sat

    Feb 19, 2014
      Dear friends;
      I thought you might like to attend this Symposium and concert entitled:

      “From the rising of the sun to its setting: Chant and Contemporary Liturgical Music, East and West,”

      which will take place at Loyola Marymount University (near LAX) on Fri/Sat, February 21-22, 2014, 9am to 5 pm. Lectures, workshops, worship, and fellowship are included in the program. Attendance is for free, but attendees are required to pre-register at:

      I attended previous symposia there, and they were well organized, friendly, and beneficial. This is the first of their symposia to include a Coptic component.

      Coptic music perspective will be presented by Dr. Carolyn Ramzy. She will be on the first panel (9:30-11:30 am) Friday:

      Session 1: Tradition: Historical and Liturgical Perspectives on the Place of Chant
      Featuring Dr. Alexander Lingas, Dr. Margot Fassler, and Dr. Carolyn Ramzy

      The Symposium includes a very special event: An Evening with Cappella Romana
      Saturday, February 22, 2014  |  6:30 pm
      Sacred Heart Chapel, Loyola Marymount University
      No charge; separate registration is required

      All blessings,
      Saad Michael Saad