Help Me Plz On A Report

  • Brittney Scarbrough
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2003
      I need as much info as possible on marine biology such as:
      Description
      Alternative Titles
      Tasks and Duties
      Skills
      Knowledge
      Personal Qualities
      Physical Requirements
      How to Enter the Job
      Secondary Education
      Tertiary Education
      Related courses
      Entry Requirements
      Useful Experience
      Training on the Job
      Work Places and Travel
      Equipment
      Workplace Conditions
      Hours
      Salary
      Contact with People
      Market Details
      Job Outlook
      Thanks if you help i need it asap
    • Ralph
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2003
        Hello-I'll try to be of some help.
        marine biology is the study of any and all animals that occur
        in,on,above and around a marine(oceanic) body of salt water.marsh,or
        estuary.
        Alternative titles:Marine Biologist, Ornathologist (Bird study),
        Naturalist, Conservationist, Mammalologist,Ceatology
        (Whales&Dolphins) ,
        Tasks/Duties: Population studies, species identification,enviroment
        study,mating habits/areas/conditions,feeding habits,migration
        studies,Preditors/prey,food chains/webs,species statistics(Size
        range, sexs&ID,colorization, sex differances, juvinile vs adult
        markings)
        Skills: Computer,photographic,math,statistics, secound landguage
        (German,France,Japanese),mechanic, electronics,Navagation,Cartography
        (maps)Snorkel,Skuba,Swim.First Aid, cPR.
        Knowledge:See skills.
        Pers. Qualities:Able to get along with the same people for
        days,weeks, months,willing to do the shity assignments, small
        spaces,ooy-gooy things, eat fish and?, not take baths(sometimes),
        reading.
        Phys.Reqs:Don't get sea sick often,workout regimine(exercise),
        How to get a Job: Be a volenteer at a local aquarium to get
        knowledge about fish, feeding,systems maintance ,public
        relations,intern at a marine park/hotel exhibits,work with a
        conservation group.join the Navy(lots of related jobs)
        Secondary Ed.: Biology,Statistics,autoshop(mechanics),electrical
        (radios,computers,radar)math,French,German,music(to stay sane),phys
        ed,physics.
        Tertiary ED:Major in Biology,Marine science,Anatomy/Phsyology,micro
        bio,
        Related classes:Art(sketch new
        species),photography,oceanography,geology,history(dive
        sites),physics,astronomy,computers,statistics,psycology,bio chem,.
        Entry Recs: ?, see skills.
        Useful exp.: See skills/knowledge.
        On the Job Training:Go to a college/university that has a marine
        program(See colleges/universities,Calif.Many such programs), Work at
        a major Aquarium(Stienhart,Bishop,Monterey,Aquarium Pacific,Sea
        World,Boston, New York, Scripps(Graduate program),Woods Hole
        (Grad,studies),fishing boat,(long term),etc.
        Work places/Conditions:Good weather at sea,cramped conditions, Bad
        weather work in labs and figure out the data from the good
        seasons.The lab is only as good as the money that's spent on
        it.Ratio of scientists/interns/students/crew, size of research vessel
        (the bigger the more comfort/work space,smaller mostly workspace)
        Hours:Variable,set your own, daily,24-7 at sea.
        Salary:Volenteer-$$$, usually just enough
        Contact with people: casual(instructive at aquarium),when in port
        on a Reasearch vessel, learn in port,at school, on the ship.
        Marketing:Conservation,Aquaculture(farming), Politics?,sport
        diving,travel sites,exploration,endangered species/enviroments.
        Job outlook; Lots of jobs, just have to find the right one.See
        marketing, last resort teach science,biology,marine studies.
        I Really hope that gives you some usful direction.Balph Barber
        (walruse2)
        -- In marinebiology@yahoogroups.com, "Brittney Scarbrough"