Working in Marine Bio;ogy

  • Ralph
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2003
      I have noticed that many members want to get into Marine Biology.
      Even if you are limited in general marine bio. you might go to a
      local public acuarium and find out if they have a docents program.
      You would learn much about marine fish, marine enviroments and
      interact with people that always say "OOH , look at that" then ask
      What is it? Touch tanks are lots of fun. The Aquarium of the
      Pacific, Long Beach, Ca, USA has such a program. you need to be 16
      or older, you get 36 hours (total) instruction about plankton, fish,
      sharks, corals, birds, mammals, and safety. Before you go out and
      interact with the public, there are other benifits, like all the
      marine organisms you care to see as often as you like. Have fun