Re: undergraduate schools

  • wevets
    Message 1 of 294 , Nov 26, 1999
      Hi...<br>Just for confusion, I'll offer the
      answer to your second question first. A lot of schools
      don't offer a marine biology major, but you can take an
      emphasis in marine biology within a biology major (this is
      what I did at Berkeley). More important than your
      major to grad schools and employers is your breadth of
      knowledge and experience. You could major in marine biology
      and go to grad school in evolutionary biology, for
      example, if you had studied enough evolution and worked on
      evolution-related projects in school.<br><br>Schools with good
      undergraduate programs in marine biology include: UCSD, UCSB,
      UCSC, U of Washington, U of Oregon Corvallis, and
      Stanford on the west coast... and Berkeley and UCLA don't
      have marine bio majors, but would still be great
      schools to go to. I'm not as familiar with east coast
      schools, but I think Harvard, Duke, U of Miami are great.
      U of Hawaii's probably also good. Let us know where
      you want to go...<br>-Steve
      Message 294 of 294 , Feb 27, 2002