looking for resources

  • beckyr11
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
      I am currently taking Marine Ecology and have three scientific
      research "manuscripts" to write based on our lab experimentation. I
      am looking for additional sources on the following subjects
      1)Rocky Intertidal Zonation/ particularly North Eastern US

      2)Kelp Growth and Survival based on the hole punch method of
      measuring growth

      3)Population Dynamics of Mya arenaria, Mytilus edulis, and
      Zostera marina (seagrass)

      Any and all help with locating resources would be more than
      appreciated.
      Thank you
      Becky
    • beckyr11

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 20, 2003
            --- In marinebiologistswanted@yahoogroups.com, "beckyr11"
            <beckyr11@y...> wrote:
            > I am currently taking Marine Ecology and have three scientific
            > research "manuscripts" to write based on our lab experimentation.
            > am looking for additional sources on the following subjects
            > 1)Rocky Intertidal Zonation/ particularly North Eastern US
            >
            > 2)Kelp Growth and Survival based on the hole punch method of
            > measuring growth
            >
            > 3)Population Dynamics of Mya arenaria, Mytilus edulis, and
            > Zostera marina (seagrass)
            >
            > Any and all help with locating resources would be more than
            > appreciated.
            > Thank you
            > Becky

            Your course sounds about as good as the one I was on!!
            Have you seen the textbook by Dring on marine plants? That is
            pretty indepth for most things related to seaweeds.
            For intertidal zonation, anything by Jack Lewis should be okay, we
            were always getting his stuff rammed down our throats in the first
            year.