Re: Powwow Tuesday 21st 4:30 at Broken Drum

  • cknuth
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 8, 2004
      Hi, Folks.

      Was there a powwow on September 21st?

      I would have shown up if I was in town; nonetheless, the intention has my full
      support. Where in the process are we?

      Cheers,
      Chuck
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2004
        I second that -- did this meeting ever happen?

        I live in Sausalito, and both my neighbor and I own diesel vehicles.
        We both regularly filled up with B100 at Naft in Fairfax. Since they
        no longer carry it, we've both been back to using dino-diesel.

        I know my neigbor has approached Bridgeway Gas in Sausalito about
        carrying biodiesel, but all of their storage and pumping facilities
        are in use for 87/89/91 gasoline. They do have a rather large parking
        lot which could accomodate an above ground tank, but not sure if
        that's permitted.

        Anyone checked to see if there are any gas stations for sale in Marin?
        I like the idea of a retail locataion for biodiesel, and seems like
        an existing retail fueling location would make it much easier to get
        around the regulator and legal hurdles. Group of investors? Small
        business loan? Just ideas.

        Jim Meehan
        '02 VW Golf TDI

        --- In marinbiodiesel@yahoogroups.com, "cknuth" <cknuth@e...> wrote:

        > Hi, Folks.
        >
        > Was there a powwow on September 21st?
        >
        > I would have shown up if I was in town; nonetheless, the intention
        has my full
        > support. Where in the process are we?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Chuck
      • Eric Lyons
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2004
          Jim:

          I like your ideas. I've looked (ever so briefly) into gas stations for
          sale in Marin. One *was* for sale sometime last year; the Circle K
          station at Red Hill in San Anselmo (not far from Naft). Unfortunately,
          I couldn't find any more information about it; I think it must have
          sold.

          I like the idea of buying a gas station for the primary purpose of
          setting up a B100 fueling station. If the gas station can be
          self-sustaining (and it would seem this is more possible than ever :),
          then the means justify the end.

          Anyone have any leads on where to find a station for sale and the
          terms?

          Eric in Tiburon.

          --- Jim <jcm55@...> wrote:

          > I second that -- did this meeting ever happen?
          >
          > I live in Sausalito, and both my neighbor and I own diesel vehicles.
          > We both regularly filled up with B100 at Naft in Fairfax. Since they
          > no longer carry it, we've both been back to using dino-diesel.
          >
          > I know my neigbor has approached Bridgeway Gas in Sausalito about
          > carrying biodiesel, but all of their storage and pumping facilities
          > are in use for 87/89/91 gasoline. They do have a rather large
          > parking
          > lot which could accomodate an above ground tank, but not sure if
          > that's permitted.
          >
          > Anyone checked to see if there are any gas stations for sale in
          > Marin?
          > I like the idea of a retail locataion for biodiesel, and seems like
          > an existing retail fueling location would make it much easier to get
          > around the regulator and legal hurdles. Group of investors? Small
          > business loan? Just ideas.
          >
          > Jim Meehan
          > '02 VW Golf TDI
          >

          > --- In marinbiodiesel@yahoogroups.com, "cknuth" <cknuth@e...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi, Folks.
          > >
          > > Was there a powwow on September 21st?
          > >
          > > I would have shown up if I was in town; nonetheless, the intention
          > has my full
          > > support. Where in the process are we?
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > Chuck

          > --------------------~-->
          > Yahoo! Autos. Everything you need to know about buying
          > or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360� Tours, Research,
          > Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/5HYslB/TM

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • Jim
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 8, 2004
            This site seems like a good starting point:

            http://www.bizben.com/search.php

            There are actually two gas stations listed for sale in Marin County
            right now, but it doesn't specify where. Contact information is there
            though. The prices don't seem *too* unreasonable, but then again,
            what do I know about how much a gas station goes for? :)

            Ideally, we'd want one that already has diesel pumps.

            -j

            --- In marinbiodiesel@yahoogroups.com, Eric Lyons <creeble@y...>