News Blues - Out Now!

  • Marianne Mancusi
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2008

      Hi Everyone and happy almost March! Are you as ready for spring as me?

      I'm excited to announce that today my ninth book is now in stores. It's called NEWS BLUES and is a contemporary chick lit romantic comedy set in a television newsroom. As a real life television news producer, I drew on my experiences to create an accurate, behind-the-scenes look at what goes on when the cameras stop rolling. So as you can imagine, it's a book close to my heart and I hope you will get a chance to check it out!

      Here's the back cover blurb:

      TUNE IN

      All 27-year-old Maddy Madison wants is a cute guy, a designer handbag and to work at Newsline. What she has is a dead-end job at News 9 San Diego, a psycho boss and a counterfeit Kate Spade. One with a badly glued-on label. Oh, and no guy.

      TURN ON
      Just when Maddy's sure her days of producing sensationalistic puff pieces will never end ("Perilous Pets!" "Deadly Dishwashers!" "Clay that Kills!") she's offered a promotion. She's now an investigative producer—and that's not all; she's also partnered with the station's newest photographer: sexy, motorcycle-riding bad boy and former moviemaker Jamie Hayes. But every silver cloud has a stormy lining. Her new job is with News 9's narcissistic anchor, Terrance Toller; Jamie's getting married (not to her); and reporting the truth is about as easy as watching your divorced parents get remarried (not to each other).

      TAKE OFF

      So, how does Maddy get to produce real news, bag her boss and win her man? Stay tuned. It's the story of a lifetime.

      To read more about my real life experience in television news and why I decided to write this book, you can go to the Dorchester website . To purchase NEWS BLUES, go to Amazon.com  or your local bookstore.