3Oct News from Marianne Mancusi: SK8ER BOY Released!

  • Marianne Mancusi
    Sep 29, 2005
      Hi all,

      I'm very excited to announce that my first teen chick lit novel - SK8ER BOY - has been released by Dorchester Smooch. I hope you'll get a chance to check it out. It should be in stores soon, if not already, and you can order it online on Amazon by clicking here

      I thought about summarizing the book, but teen reviewer Erica Sorocco does it so well in her review, I thought it was better to just hear it from her:

      Good girl Dawn Miller has been living under her father's guidance for way too long. She's signed up for a bajillion after-school activities in an attempt to make it into her father's alma mater. She hangs out with the totally trendy Populars, who only acknowledge the presence of those who wear pink. And she's dated the rich, popular jocks - such as the current bore, Brent Baker III - who are more obnoxious than a five-year-old kid on a sugar high. Just for once, Dawn wants to see what it's like to live her life by her own rules. She wants to see what it's like to leave behind the good girl persona, and embrace the life of a bad girl. One who meets all kinds of cool new people, like Starr, the headmaster's totally punk-rock daughter; and pierces her bellybutton without permission. She wants to date a hot skater boy from the wrong side of the tracks whom her parents hate, and fall in love via text messaging with said skater boy. And this year, that's exactly what Dawn plans on doing...

      Amazing. That's the only way to describe Mari Mancusi's SK8ER BOY. SK8ER BOY contains all the elements that will make pre-teen and teen girls rush out to bookstores to get their hands on Mancusi's debut: rebellion, hot guys, pierced bellybuttons, and text messaging. Each character possesses their own look-at-me attention-grabbing antics that will keep readers turning pages, and begging for more. Featuring actual text messages between Dawn and her skater boy, Sean, that will make readers think of the Hilary Duff/Chad Michael Murray romance depicted in the movie A CINDERELLA STORY, SK8ER BOY is a marvelous book that must hold a place in everyone's library.
      I hope you enjoy reading SK8ER BOY as much as I enjoyed writing it. It was so much fun to regress to my teen years and I have to say it's more than just a little autobiographical at points. :) If you'd like to read an excerpt, you can do so here.

      In other appearance news, I'll be signing both "A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court" and "SK8ER BOY" at the NJ RWA conference on October 8th. And I'll be speaking on writing for teens as part of the Connecticut and Lower NY CoLoNY Library Lecture series on November 19th at 1:30pm. Pleae email me if you need more information on either of these two events.

      And in "What's Next" news, I have another teen book - a vampire comedy called "Boys that Bite" coming out In April. And my next adult book - a comedic travel to the Roaring Twenties - will be out in July, tentatively titled, "A Time to Roar." And yes, there will be a sequel to "A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court." It's called "A Hoboken Hipster in Sherwood Forest" and will be out in February 2007.

      That's about all! Thanks for reading. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or complaints, please feel free to email me at mm @ mariannemancusi . com (without the spaces)

      Thanks!
      Marianne

      Yahoo! for Good