Diocese of Avignon: Communiqué re Vassula Ryden

  • maria3
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2012

      I have just been sent the following article published on Tuesday October 30, 2012 by Mgr Jean-Pierre Cattenoz, Bishop of Avignon (France) on the official website of his diocese: http://diocese-avignon.fr/spip/Communique  (Original text in French. Non official translation)

      Communiqué

      Mrs Vassula Ryden will be coming soon to Avignon at the Parc des Expositions. After having contacted the Nunciature, all the Catholic faithful are reminded that it is not appropriate to participate in the different meetings organized during her visit.

      Likewise, it is requested that no priest celebrate the Eucharist in connection with her visit.

      We have in the Gospel and in the New Testament the revelation of everything that is necessary for Salvation.  We should not seek in Mrs Vassula Ryden's "True life in God", or in any other "revelation" or private meditation, enlightenment to grow in faith. Let's nourish ourselves with the Gospel and we will grow in the Church in the intimacy of Christ.

      + Jean-Pierre Cattenoz

      Avignon, October 25, 2012