252[marf-bugs] [ marf-Bugs-3432300 ] Bad phase angle calculation in normalFFT method

  • SourceForge.net
    Nov 17, 2011
      Bugs item #3432300, was opened at 2011-11-02 08:17
      Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mokhov
      You can respond by visiting:
      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=502900&aid=3432300&group_id=63118

      not just the latest update.
      Category: MARF - Math
      Group: MARF (any version)

      Initial Comment:
      Original code:
      padPhaseAngle[i] = Math.atan(adOutputImag[i] / adOutputReal[i]);
      Should be:
      padPhaseAngle[i] = Math.atan2(adOutputImag[i], adOutputReal[i]);
      Explanation:
      viz wiki Complex number part Absolute value and argument

      Date: 2011-11-17 10:08

      Message:
      Hi, thanks for the report. I could credit you by name or username if I had
      one, but Google's OpenID only provided the URL. Yes, we've been only
      calculating atan(y/x) case of the phase angle when x>0, and neglected the
      other cases per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atan2. Fix committed. Will be
      a part of whatever next release is, in the mean time please use the CVS
      version.

      Thanks,

      -s