Prabhat Film Festival

  • Freedom Films
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 4:05 AM
      Dear Friends,
      The students of Film & Television Institute of India, are organizing 'Prabhat Film Festival 2007’.
      The theme of the festival is ‘Peace’.
      The festival aims to bring together the student filmmaking fraternity across Asia.
      It’s a non-competitive festival.
      Along with Film Schools, several Independent Filmmakers are also invited to encourage interaction and expose the student community to a filmmaking atmosphere outside the institute; and also exhibit a variety of independent films made in the country,
      With this aim, as a part of the festival, we are organizing Seminar on,
      - Defining / Understanding / Interrogating political films
      - Why make/ Who funds / Who sees Short Films
      - Scope of Film Schools
      - Storytelling at the Age of New Technologies

      We are also planning to have a 'Cineshop'
      Cine-shop is space for independent film makers, producer & distributors to exhibit, promote & sell their films.
      We sincerely wish Cineshop to emerge as a forum to discuss issues regarding Independent film making.

      There will be parallel events like,
      The Magic Lantern Show, by Great Grandson of Mahadev Rao Patwardhan
      Homage to Prabhat Studios.
      Folklore performances &
      Musical Night.
      Please find below the schedule of the festival.
      We look forward to have you with us for our festival, from 7th to 12th of May along with you films for Cineshop.

      Regards

      Rrivu Laha
      +919372446397
      Indraneel Lahiri
       +919433031465
      Ramanuj Dutta
      +919823530109

      SCHEDULE :
      7th May, Monday
      venue : FTII, Main Theatre
      02:30 pm
      Opening ceremony

      3:00 pm
      A certain Liberation – Shadhinota / Yasmine Kabir /37 mins/ 2003/Bngladesh

      4:00 pm  to  6:00 pm
      Art in Exile / Nidhi Tuli and Ashraf Abbas (India) / 37 mins
      1000 Days and a Dream / P. Baburaj & C. Saratchandran (India) / 78 mins
      America, America  / K.P. Sasi (India) / 5 mins

      6:00 pm to 6:30 pm
      Tea

      6:30 pm onwards
      The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts
      School of Film and Television

      ------------Day closed---------

      8th May, Tuesday
      venue : NFAI, Auditorium
      10:00 am to 1:00 pm
      Vande Mataram/ Amudhan R.P. (India) / 5 mins
      Search for Freedom / Munizae Jahangir (Pakistan) / 54 mins
      Assimilation No, Integration Yes / Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Pakistan)/ 24 mins
      Autumn's Final Country / Sonia Jabbar (India) / 45 mins
      SEZ – A Prelude to Anarchy / Atul Pethe & NCAS (India) / 35 mins
      Images you didn't see / Anand Patwardhan (India) / 4.30 mins
      We are not your Monkeys / Anand Patwardhan (India) / 5.00 mins

      1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
      Lunch

      venue : FTII, Main Theatre
      2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
      NID, Ahmedabad
      Communication University of China

      5:00 pm to 5:30 pm
      Tea

      5:30 pm onwards
      Tel Aviv University
      Film & Television Dept., Israel

      7:15 pm to 8:00 pm
      Tea

      8:00 pm onwards
      MAGIC LANTERN SHOW

      -----------Dinner at Shantaram Pond------------------

      9th May, Wednesday
      venue : NFAI, Auditorium
      10:00 am to 1:00 pm
      Lines of Mahatma / R.V. Ramani (India) / 20 mins
      Final Solution / Rakesh Sharma (India) / 149 mins

      1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
      Lunch

      venue : FTII, Main Theatre
      2:00 pm to 4:45 pm
      Beijing film Academy
      St. Xavier’s Ranchi
      L.V Prasad
      Jagannath Media Institute
      Hong Kong Baptist University

      5:00 pm to 5:30 pm
      Tea

      8 pm
      Prabhat Geeti ( Homage to Prabhat Studios)

      9:30 pm
      Dinner
      at Shantaram Pond

      11 pm
      Screening : "Sant Tukaram"
      at Wisdom Tree

      -----------------Day closed--------------

      10th May, Thursday
      venue : NFAI, Auditorium
      10:00 am to 1:00 pm
      Avenge But One of My Two Eyes / Avi Mograbi (Israel) / 100 mins
      Brahma Vishnu Shiva / R V Ramani(India)/19 min
      The Great Indian School Show / Avinash Deshpande (India) / 53min

      1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
      Lunch
      venue : FTII, Main Theatre
      2:00 pm to 4:45 pm
      Academy of Arts, Belgrade, Serbia
      Jahangirabad Media Institute
      Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore

      5:00 pm to 5:30 pm
      Tea

      5:30 pm onwards
      Repeat
      Film Schools

      ----------------Day closed--------------
      11th May, Friday
      venue : NFAI, Auditorium
      10:00 am to 1:00 pm
      Kitte Mil Ve Mahi / Ajay Bhardwaj (India) / 72 mins
      Hope Dies Last In War / Supriyo Sen / 80 mins
      Naata   / Anjali Monteiro and KP Jayashankar (India) / 45 Mins

      1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
      Lunch

      venue : FTII, Main Theatre
      2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
      Film & Television Institute of India, Pune

      4:00 pm to 4:30 pm
      Tea

      4:30 pm to 6 pm
      Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute of India, Kolkata

      6 pm onwards
      Repeat
      Film Schools

      ----------------------Day closed-------------------

      12th May, Saturday
      venue : NFAI, Auditorium
      10:00 am to 1:00 pm
      Fishers of men / Ranjan Kamath, Padmavathi Rao (India)/117 min/1997
      Karen Education Surviving / Scott O' Brien, Saw Eh Do Wah (Burma, Thailand ) /29 min/2003
      The Mall/ Jonathan Ben Efrat (Israel) / 12 mins
      The Mall on Top of my House / Aditi Chitre (India) Animation /6 mins

      1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
      Lunch

      venue : FTII, Main Theatre
      6:00 pm onwards
      Closing Ceremony

      ----------------------CINESHOP------------------------

      8th May, Tuesday 5:30 pm onwards
      Seminar
      Storytelling at the Age of New Technologies

      9th May, Wednesday 5:30 pm onwards
      Seminar
      Interrogating Political Films

      10th May, Thursday 5:30 pm onwards