Just say hellow

  • Daniel Espesir
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2005
      My dear "paesani": there was so many days when I don't write and I
      don't have any messages from you.
      In these days, one of us, Chris, had suffered a great sorrow. Perhaps I
      am trespassing a line, but I suspect that she need our presence. She
      lost her mom.
      I write to all of you to ask a couple of lines to her, for sharing her
      pain.
      Once again, sorry for my English, but don't let to write to her
      By the way, in case you are interesting in learning Spanish, just write
      to me in an individual way.
      Ah, in these days a group of argentinians are searching the Census of
      1895. If you are interested in some surnames, just tell me.
      My best wishes to all.
      Lately, to Mrs. Perkins: what happened what you found -about another
      way to search in LDS-?
      My best regards for all
      From the southern cone, Daniel Espesir
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 13, 2005
        My condolencses to you, Chris. I lost my mother 4
        years ago. The pain dissipates over time, but you
        will always miss her. Just yesterday I thought of
        something trivial that I would have liked to ask her,
        and I was flooded with memories and missing her all
        over again. I talk out loud to her regularly and see
        her face nodding in response.

        I truly believe that she is watching over me every day
        and know that someday I will embrace her when I am
        finished with this world. When we meet again, we will
        talk all about everything that happened to me since
        she left, and she will know everything that happened
        because she was watching it all. It will be just as
        if the daily phone conversations kept taking place.

        I wish you strength. If you have children, get
        strength from hugging them. Refocus your old role as
        a child and know that you are now more like your mom -
        a parent. Give to your children what she gave you and
        more; they will miss you someday too. Make your mom
        prowd.

        Lisa Perkins

        --- Daniel Espesir <deespesir@...> wrote:

        > My dear "paesani": there was so many days when I
        > don't write and I
        > don't have any messages from you.
        > In these days, one of us, Chris, had suffered a
        > great sorrow. Perhaps I
        > am trespassing a line, but I suspect that she need
        > our presence. She
        > lost her mom.
        > I write to all of you to ask a couple of lines to
        > her, for sharing her
        > pain.
        > Once again, sorry for my English, but don't let to
        > write to her
        > By the way, in case you are interesting in learning
        > Spanish, just write
        > to me in an individual way.
        > Ah, in these days a group of argentinians are
        > searching the Census of
        > 1895. If you are interested in some surnames, just
        > tell me.
        > My best wishes to all.
        > Lately, to Mrs. Perkins: what happened what you
        > found -about another
        > way to search in LDS-?
        > My best regards for all
        > From the southern cone, Daniel Espesir

      • Caesar, Karen M.
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 13, 2005
          That's beautiful Lisa, and so true. I find myself so many times thinking I'm going to call my mother and tell her what happened that day, and then remember that I can't. But, she'll always be in my heart.

          My condolencses to you, Chris. I lost my mother 4
          years ago. The pain dissipates over time, but you
          will always miss her. Just yesterday I thought of
          something trivial that I would have liked to ask her,
          and I was flooded with memories and missing her all
          over again. I talk out loud to her regularly and see
          her face nodding in response.

          I truly believe that she is watching over me every day
          and know that someday I will embrace her when I am
          finished with this world. When we meet again, we will
          talk all about everything that happened to me since
          she left, and she will know everything that happened
          because she was watching it all. It will be just as
          if the daily phone conversations kept taking place.

          I wish you strength. If you have children, get
          strength from hugging them. Refocus your old role as
          a child and know that you are now more like your mom -
          a parent. Give to your children what she gave you and
          more; they will miss you someday too. Make your mom
          prowd.

          Lisa Perkins

          --- Daniel Espesir <deespesir@...> wrote:

          > My dear "paesani": there was so many days when I
          > don't write and I
          > don't have any messages from you.
          > In these days, one of us, Chris, had suffered a
          > great sorrow. Perhaps I
          > am trespassing a line, but I suspect that she need
          > our presence. She
          > lost her mom.
          > I write to all of you to ask a couple of lines to
          > her, for sharing her
          > pain.
          > Once again, sorry for my English, but don't let to
          > write to her
          > By the way, in case you are interesting in learning
          > Spanish, just write
          > to me in an individual way.
          > Ah, in these days a group of argentinians are
          > searching the Census of
          > 1895. If you are interested in some surnames, just
          > tell me.
          > My best wishes to all.
          > Lately, to Mrs. Perkins: what happened what you
          > found -about another
          > way to search in LDS-?
          > My best regards for all
          > From the southern cone, Daniel Espesir

        • Diane PATTERSON
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 13, 2005
            Dear Chris, I am so sorry to hear about your lost.

            I still have my mom, but my dad died about 6 years ago. It was so so sad.
            I miss him everyday, and wish that he was still here.

            At least now I can talk about him without crying and remember all the
            funny things he did.

            Your heart will mend, but you will always have the memories to live with.

            Thinking of you and wishing you well.

            I think we all can relate to what you are going through and share your
            heartache.

            Diane Belmonte Patterson----- Original Message -----
            > My condolencses to you, Chris. I lost my mother 4
            > years ago. The pain dissipates over time, but you
            > will always miss her. Just yesterday I thought of
            > something trivial that I would have liked to ask her,
            > and I was flooded with memories and missing her all
            > over again. I talk out loud to her regularly and see
            > her face nodding in response.
            >
            > I truly believe that she is watching over me every day
            > and know that someday I will embrace her when I am
            > finished with this world. When we meet again, we will
            > talk all about everything that happened to me since
            > she left, and she will know everything that happened
            > because she was watching it all. It will be just as
            > if the daily phone conversations kept taking place.
            >
            > I wish you strength. If you have children, get
            > strength from hugging them. Refocus your old role as
            > a child and know that you are now more like your mom -
            > a parent. Give to your children what she gave you and
            > more; they will miss you someday too. Make your mom
            > prowd.
            >
            > Lisa Perkins
            >
            > --- Daniel Espesir <deespesir@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> My dear "paesani": there was so many days when I
            >> don't write and I
            >> don't have any messages from you.
            >> In these days, one of us, Chris, had suffered a
            >> great sorrow. Perhaps I
            >> am trespassing a line, but I suspect that she need
            >> our presence. She
            >> lost her mom.
            >> I write to all of you to ask a couple of lines to
            >> her, for sharing her
            >> pain.
            >> Once again, sorry for my English, but don't let to
            >> write to her
            >> By the way, in case you are interesting in learning
            >> Spanish, just write
            >> to me in an individual way.
            >> Ah, in these days a group of argentinians are
            >> searching the Census of
            >> 1895. If you are interested in some surnames, just
            >> tell me.
            >> My best wishes to all.
            >> Lately, to Mrs. Perkins: what happened what you
            >> found -about another
            >> way to search in LDS-?
            >> My best regards for all
            >> From the southern cone, Daniel Espesir

          • Francesca Nudo
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 14, 2005
              yes, dear chris, it's a terrible thing, and i am thinking of you as
              well. both my maranesi parents are dead now and not a day goes by
              without my thinking of both of them. the pain never goes away, but you
              will be able to deal with it in time.
              l.
            • rose pennington
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
                Dear Chris,

                My heart goes out to you for the loss of your mom.  When someone in the group has a sadness it touches all of us in some way.  Though my mother died 13 years ago it does seem that, in many ways, she (and my dad too) is still with me. She lives on; her smile, her wisdom, her warmth, they are all there in my heart, in my thoughts and in my memories, as your mom will continue on for you.

                And yes, even now on rare occasion I'll think of something that I just have to share with my mother and, for an almost-second, I'll think to reach for the phone to call her but then I'll pull back on that thought as quickly as it came, knowing that I can't phone her up anymore but giving myself permission to have made the mental error.  And there really are times when it does seem I feel her presence - a closeness of her essence so to speak - right out of the blue.  And times when I'm not even thinking of her that - for lack of better verbage - the "memory" of her voice pops into my mind with a few familiar words or phrases that she used.

                And so for me at least, it seems like mothers never really go away; we just can't see them anymore.  Take comfort in the love she gave to you, the life she shared with you, and the strength she taught you to find.  And don't be too surprised if one day when you're least expecting it you "hear" an echo of your mom's voice, telling you something that only a mother can get away with, like "Go get that hair trimmed!"  And of course, if you're like me, you won't.

                God bless.

                Rose Presta Pennington

[...]

                From the southern cone, Daniel Espesir

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • Chris Thorsen
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 19, 2005
                  Dear Marano Family,

                  I have just returned home to Az after laying to rest my Dear Mother in Kenosha Wisc.  I so appreciate all your loving messages to me. Mother was ill for a very long time, in the hospital since early Feb. Her wishes were to be buried next to my father who passed away in 1965. We, my brothers and sisters journied together to bring her home.  She had no living relatives in Kenosha, but in the true spirit of loving Italian Families, my father's relatives were there to show their love and support.

                  Yes, I keep thinking I should pick up the phone and call her.... but I know in my heart she is already listening to me.

                  Thank you Marano Family. I will always hold you in the warm part of my heart.  God Bless and be with all of you.
                  Chris Chiappetta

[...]

                  From the southern cone, Daniel Espesir

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Do you Yahoo!?