Re: Digest Number 278

  • Francesca Nudo
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 2, 2005
      yes, rose, my grandmother was a serpe. i've given the group my family
      info and names, but none of you have seem to connect my
      serpe-conforti-nudo-chiappetta-allevato relatives to yours! sometimes
      i feel a little left out. if anyone can make a connection, i would
      love to hear it!

      > Oh, one thing, don't you have Serpe in your family?
      > Uncle's very best friend was a guy named Louie Serpe
      > from Marano M or P to Kenosha to Southern CA. I met
      > him once. Could he be a relative of yours? Not that
      > there's only one on earth.

    • Daniel Edgardo Espesir
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 3, 2005
        Hi (I do`'t know who is intestered in Serpe' cognomi). I don't know if you unterest it's only historical. But in "pagine Bianche" (http://virgilio.it) , it appears Carlo Serpe, 87040, Marano Marchesato (CS), indirizzo Via S. Amrano 75. Tel 0984.641042. In Pagine Bianche, you could select cities near MM or even all around Cosenza.
        If you are looking for relatives, I tell you that in http://paginasdoradas.com.ar, in wich it appears all the persons that have a phone in Argentina with that last name; it appears 5 pages of Serpe's, with adresses and phones. Maybe they could be of help. (Once open the place, in the box of what province, you selct "all" and all it appears). And could be of help 'cause some Serpe's from Argentina are doing his pursuit of italian citizenship.
        Like ever, sorry for my English
        Daniel Espesir, from Argentina

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 4, 2005
          Daniel,
          It is very easy to understand your English. Thank you
          fo your input!

          Lisa Perkins
          --- Daniel Edgardo Espesir <deespesir@...>

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • JAAndrzzi@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 5, 2005
            Daniel,
                    Thank you for the information on websites for Argentina. My mother was a Covelli from Marano Principato and she had told me that a number of Covellis migrated to South America. I found eight pages of Covellis on paginasdoradas.
                            John Andreozzi
          • rose1ro
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 5, 2005
              Hello John and everyone in the Marano Group,

              No Serpe's here that I know of but my great-great grandmother was
              also a Covelli. Her name was Carmella and she married Francesco
              Presta from MP. I don't know the year of her birth but as a point of
              reference her grandsons in my direct line were born in the late
              1880s/90 so...

              Could your mother be related to my gg-grandmother?

              Rose
              --- In maranofamilies@yahoogroups.com, JAAndrzzi@a... wrote:
              > Daniel,
              > Thank you for the information on websites for Argentina. My
              mother
              > was a Covelli from Marano Principato and she had told me that a
              number of
              > Covellis migrated to South America. I found eight pages of Covellis
              on
              > paginasdoradas.
              > John Andreozzi
            • rose1ro
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 5, 2005
                hi fanny,

                say, i noticed that in the 1867 civil records of marano principato -
                marriages, which are listed on the tenuta family website (i was
                searching for savaglio ancestors), that there is a carmela chiappetta
                who married a gaspare presta. Perhaps gaspare is one of the prestas
                in my family. lets check it out.

                --- In maranofamilies@yahoogroups.com, "Francesca Nudo"

              • JAAndrzzi@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 6, 2005
                  Rose,
                          I have found a lot of Covelli families in the MP documents, but I cannot directly connect them to our clan. I looked through the names and didn't find a Carmella. I think I did send my family tree to Lisa's data bank, but here's a summary:
                  my grandparents: Filiberto Covelli (1883 - 1963) and Rosina Ruffolo
                  great-grandparents; Leopoldo C.(1858 - 1933) and Teresa Belmonte (MM)
                  great-great-grandparents: Bruno C. (1812/15 - ?) and Orsola Tenuta
                  Teresa B. and perhaps Orsola T. were from Marano Marchesato. Let me know if you find any connections.
                • Julie Null
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 7, 2005
                    I KNOW THERE ARE SOME COVELLI'S IN AURORA, ILLINOIS.
                    MY GRANDMOTHER'S COUSIN, MIKE COVELLI, JUST RECENTLY
                    PASSED AWAY. I'M NOT SURE OF THE RELATIONSIP THERE,
                    BUT I WILL TRY TO FIND OUT, ALTHOUGH I DO KNOW THEY
                    WERE COUSINS.
                    --- JAAndrzzi@... wrote:

                    > Rose,
                    > I have found a lot of Covelli families in
                    > the MP documents, but I
                    > cannot directly connect them to our clan. I looked
                    > through the names and didn't
                    > find a Carmella. I think I did send my family tree
                    > to Lisa's data bank, but
                    > here's a summary:
                    > my grandparents: Filiberto Covelli (1883 - 1963) and
                    > Rosina Ruffolo
                    > great-grandparents; Leopoldo C.(1858 - 1933) and
                    > Teresa Belmonte (MM)
                    > great-great-grandparents: Bruno C. (1812/15 - ?) and
                    > Orsola Tenuta
                    > Teresa B. and perhaps Orsola T. were from Marano
                    > Marchesato. Let me know if
                    > you find any connections.

                  • Daniel Edgardo Espesir
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 8, 2005
                      Hellow, I mail to the group 'cause I got a couple of questions: first, are you looking up of yours ancestors in Italy?
                      Second: are you intesrested in another branch of your family around the world?
                      I am from Argentina, and I found out a lot of maranesis given name in this and others countries, but I don't know if you are interested.in take relations whith theirs. As example, Tenuta is very common surname here; as a matter of fact, a pair of actors (father and sister) got this given name, but I don't Know is this an information of value.

                      Third question: are you interested of researching for the oldest iatlians with the same cognome (last name) of yours? 'Cause it is the Catasto Onciario and another ways to loking up, about which we never talked about.

                      Again, sorry for my English, but I want to know the target of the group.

                      Best wishes to all
                      Daniel Espesir
                      My interest remains the reconstruction of all Spizzirris of Cosenza, and first at all, my family Spizzirri-Ziccarelli.

                      250MB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
                      Abrí tu cuenta aquí
                    • Daniel Edgardo Espesir
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 9, 2005
                        Hi, I offer other sites of interest. You will find a lis of "condecorati " of the Italian  State in htttp://www.albodoro.italia.it/decorati/page3.html.
                        A list of dead italians in WWI (caduti) in http:// www.albodoritalia.it/sacrario/page17.html
                        A list of condecorati of Italian State in http://www.quirinale.it/oorificenze.asp
                        A list of lawyers in http: //www. consiglionazionaleforense.it/raccoltalbi/albi.php.

                        Any questions, mail me
                        Daniel Espesir

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 15, 2005
                          Daniel,
                          These sites did not work:

                          A list of dead italians in WWI (caduti) in
                          http://www.albodoritalia.it/sacrario/page17.html

                          A list of condecorati of Italian State in
                          http://www.quirinale.it/oorificenze.asp

                          Lisa

                          --- In maranofamilies@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Edgardo Espesir
                          <deespesir@y...> wrote:
                          > Hi, I offer other sites of interest. You will find a lis of
                          "condecorati " of the Italian State in
                          htttp://www.albodoro.italia.it/decorati/page3.html.
                          > A list of dead italians in WWI (caduti) in http://
                          www.albodoritalia.it/sacrario/page17.html
                          > A list of condecorati of Italian State in
                          http://www.quirinale.it/oorificenze.asp
                          > A list of lawyers in http: //www.
                          consiglionazionaleforense.it/raccoltalbi/albi.php.

                          > Any questions, mail me
                          > Daniel Espesir
                          > deespesir@y...
                          >

                          > Daniel Edgardo Espesir <deespesir@y...> wrote:
                          > Hellow, I mail to the group 'cause I got a couple of questions:
                          first, are you looking up of yours ancestors in Italy?
                          > Second: are you intesrested in another branch of your family around
                          the world?

                          > I am from Argentina, and I found out a lot of maranesis given name
                          in this and others countries, but I don't know if you are
                          interested.in take relations whith theirs. As example, Tenuta is very
                          common surname here; as a matter of fact, a pair of actors (father and
                          sister) got this given name, but I don't Know is this an information
                          of value.

                          > Third question: are you interested of researching for the oldest
                          iatlians with the same cognome (last name) of yours? 'Cause it is the
                          Catasto Onciario and another ways to loking up, about which we never
                          talked about.

                          > Again, sorry for my English, but I want to know the target of the group.
                          >
                          > Best wishes to all
                          > Daniel Espesir
                          > My interest remains the reconstruction of all Spizzirris of Cosenza,
                          and first at all, my family Spizzirri-Ziccarelli.

                          > Correo Yahoo!
                          > ¡Abrí tu cuenta ya! - http://correo.yahoo.com.ar
                        • Daniel Edgardo Espesir
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 15, 2005
                            Dear Lisa and the rest of maranesis:
                            I had received a mail of L. Perkins referring that some sites did'nt work.  But these sites effectively work, but no in the address apparenttly I said. About "caduti", the page is <http://www.albodoroitalia.it/sacrario/page3/html> . You'll find here Basile and Marchesi (and other ones). The other site with problems is, actually, http://www.quirinale.it/onorificenze/onorificenze.asp
                            .
                            I expect that you haven't any troubles with these sites. Obviously, if you continues with problems, tell to me.
                            Continuing with my effort to informing about the maranesis in Latin America, I inform of peruvian list of telephones. It's http://www.telefonica.com.pe. In right side, select "Páginas blancas" (White pages). Then, you hav two chances. One, in box 1 "Ap. Paterno/Empresa" (father last name/enterprise or business), write your last name (or the last name of your interest). In box "Departamento" (State), select "Todos" (all), and then click "Buscar" (find). Then it appears a list of residents of Perú with that last name who have a phone.
                            A second chance, once you have selected "Páginas blancas" (white pages) in the right side, is select box 2 "Ap. Materno/...." /Mothern last name/ other option that I don't remember). Write the last name is of your interest remembering that, in peruvian case, it matches to a female. Then act like in the previous case: in box "Departamento" (State), select "Todos" (all), and then click "Buscar" (Research). Then it appears a list of peruvians with that last name (and who have a phone).
                            In peruvian lists, I have found 11 Basiles and 5 Marchesis (the only last names I just researched).
                            A tip: find your last name (in Google, Yahoo or another one) in this way "lastname@". So you could find your parents with an e-mail. V.G.: "Volpentesta@".
                            My best wishes for all maranesis and, once again, sorry for my English
                            Daniel Espesir, from Argentina

                            Lisa Perkins <LPRoots@...> wrote:

                            Daniel,
                            These sites did not work:

                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 19, 2005
                              Hi maranesis: I wrote to you for asking if anyone has a tree family in the web?
                              Besides, if anyone found a posibly relatives in Spanish pages or sites, I assume there's a translator on the web. But if you don't know anyone, just write to me and I will translate it (to the Spanish, Italian or Portughese: all Latin languages, as sons of the Roman's language, the Latin, has a very common roots).
                              I don't remember if I said to you the way to find out our last names in Peruvian lists. If I don't and you have an interest, just tell me.
                              My best wishes for all
[...]

                              Lisa Perkins <LPRoots@...> wrote:

                              Daniel,
                              These sites did not work: