(no subject)

  • Diane Pat
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      -------- Original Message --------
      Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:36:07 -0800
      From: "jkeating2" <jkeating2@...>
      To: <jkeating2@...>

      Hi everyone,

      I am sorry to forward this to you all, but I got this email and I to make
      sure you all know that the below email is a hoax. I encourage you all to
      verify all emails regarding virus' with McAfee and Symantec (Norton) web
      sites, which are the two
      major leading anti virus companies before sending out mass emails.

      Symantec (Norton) - http://www.symantec.com/
      McAfee - http://www.mcafee.com/

      "Symantec Security Response encourages you to ignore any messages regarding
      this hoax. It is harmless and is intended only to cause unwarranted concern.

      This hoax, like the SULFNBK.EXE Warning hoax, tries to encourage you to
      delete a legitimate Windows file from your computer. Jdbgmgr.exe is the file
      to which the hoax refers, and it is the Microsoft Debugger Registrar for
      Java. The Jdbgmgr.exe
      file may be installed when you install Windows."

      "McAfee AVERT Labs would like to inform you of a new email HOAX.

      This email message is just a HOAX. Although, the JDBGMGR.EXE file may become
      infected by a number of valid viruses (most commonly W32/Magistr@MM), the
      details of this HOAX message are not based on actual events."

      Below is an URL for more details about this hoax:
      http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoa
      x.html
      http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=99436

      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/IMai8D/UYQGAA/cIoLAA/hCfwlB/TM

      Graham L. Mehl E-mail: mehl@...
      Application Software Eng. E-Mail: graham.l.mehl@...
      POINTers #3331 ICQ # 3803894
      Genealogical Researching: Covello, Fetzer, Mehl, Westphal, Simpson