Obituary

  • Oldiani@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2003
      Hi,

      My folks saw this obituary in the Kenosha News and I thought it might be someone in the groups relative.

      Ida Vulnero

      Ida Vulnero, 77, of Marano Marchesato, Province of Cosenza, Italy, formerly of Kenosha, died Thursday (Aug. 21, 2003) in Italy.
      Born in Italy on March 26, 1926, she was the daughter of the late Luigi and Filomena (Muto) Chiappetta. She was educated in the schools of italy.
      In 1946, she married Frank Vulnero in Italy.
      She lived in kenosha from 1970 - 1983.
      Survivors include two brothers, Gaspare of Kenosha, and Giuseppe of Italy; and two sisters, Michelina Mazzei and Gelsomina Metallo, both of Kenosha.
      Preceding her in death were two brothers, Charles and Vincenzo; and one sister Amelia Chiappetta.

      Happy hunting, Louise Juliani
    • Oldiani@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2006
        I had my Dad look up an old obituary I thought might be in my tree but it turned out not to be.  I thought I'd send along this transcription in case it's in someone else's tree.

        This was in the Kenosha News April 29, 1976

            Joseph Covelli, 81, 5102  20th Avenue, died Tuesday at St. Catherine's Hospital following a short illness.
            Born October 9, 1894 in the Province of Cosenza, Italy, he was the son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Gaetano Covelli.  He came to Chicago in 1909 and moved to Kenosha in 1915.
            He married Theresa Puzzo in 1918.  She died April 18, 1950.  He married Filomena DeRango on August 15. 1953.
            He was employed at Vincent McCall Co. from 1918 to 1945.  He then worked at American Motors Corp from 1945 until his retirement in 1960.
            He was a member of Holy Rosary church, the parish Holy Name Society, the Italian American Society, American Legion Paul Herrick Post 21 and the American Motors Retirees.
            He was a veteran of World War I, entering the service of the U.S. Army in May 1918.  He served in Co. G, 18th Infantry and was awarded the Victory Medal after serving in the Meuse-Argonne Defensive Sector.  He was awarded the Purple Heart.  He received his honorable discharge Feb. 23, 1919.
            Survivors include his wife; one son, Peter L., Kenosha; three stepsons, Joseph and gene Zicarelli, both of Florida and Bill DeRango, Milwaukee; one daughter, Mrs. Bob (Virginia) Tagliapietra, Kenosha; five stepdaughters, Mrs. Violet Perroni, Mrs. Edwin (Angie) Anderson, Mrs. Arthur (Ethel) Swartz, Mrs. Tim (Jean) Cicchini, all of Kenosha, and Mrs. Richard (Mary) Keul of racine; 22 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.  He was preceded in death by a brother, Peter and a daughter Virginia Covelli.

        Hope this helps someone.

        Louise Juliani
      • Oldiani@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 2006
          Here's another obit that my Dad sent that doesn't fit in my tree. Maybe one of you have this fellow.

          Luigi R. Tarsitano

          Luigi R. Tarsitano, 84, of Kenosha passed away Mach 8, 2006 at Kenosha Hospital and Medical Center.

          Born in Calabria, Prov. od Cosenza, Italy on March 12, 1921; the son of the late Antonio and Raffela (Aiello) Tarsitano.  He came to the United States in 1952 to Connecticut, he then moved to Kenosha in that same year.

          He had been in the Italian Army during WWII.

          On April 7, 1951, he married Carmela Bruno.

          He had been employed as an inspector at American Motors/Chrysler Corp. for over 30 years, retiring in 1983.

          He was a member of St. Peter's Catholic Church and UAW Local #72. He enjoyed his walks, hunting and fishing.  He was an avid Chicago Cubs Fan.

          Surviving are his wife, Carmela, one son, Frank Tarsitano of San Diego, CA; two daughters, Rita of Kenosha and Nancy (Mike) Kujawa of Kenosha; one sister Nunziata of Italy and 5 grandchildren, Angela, Jennifer, Rachel, Robert and Russel.

          He was preceded in death by 2 brothers and 4 sisters.

          Funeral services will be held Monday, March 13 at 11 AM from Proko Funeral Home...

          Hope this helps someone.

          Louise Juliani
        • Helen Anderson
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 11, 2006
            Louise,

            Thank you for the info. Those names sound familiar.
            I'm checkung my sources now.

            Helen Anderson
            hja_42@...

            http://mail.yahoo.com