Welcome Paul Carter

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7 5:26 AM
      Please welcome our newest member Paul Carter to the group. He writes:

      "My wife's maiden name is Virginia Misurelli. Her parents come from
      Rende - which she visited last year when her parents returned for the
      first time in decades. There are (were) Misurellis also in Marano
      Marchesato and she is hoping to trace her lineage in these towns and
      others around Cosenza. Consequently we felt that linking up with this
      Yahoo group would be a positive step to achieving this goal.
      Regards
      Paul Carter
      Melbourne Australia"

      Paul,
      Welcome to the group. Where are you at in your research? Have you done
      any research of Rende civil records at the mormon family history centers
      yet?

      Lisa Perkins
    • Oldiani@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16 11:27 AM
        Dear Paul,

        I have many relative in Melbourne that are from Marano Marchesato and Marano Principato.  They all moved there after WWII and most are in the building trades.  I've been to visit once and loved Melbourne.  Welcome to the group.

        Louise Juliani
      • charlene misurelli
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 19 10:42 AM

          Paul:

          I would like to get in contact with you. I was pleasantly surprised to see your wife's maiden name which just so happens to be the same as mine.

          My grandfather Carmine Misurelli came from Rende as well and I am trying to track the family down without much luck.

          You can email me at ccmisure@...

          A warm welcome to you and Virginia!

          Charlene Misurelli - Calgary, Alberta

           Lisa Perkins <l.a.perkins@...> wrote:

          Please welcome our newest member Paul Carter to the group.  He writes:

          "My wife's maiden name is Virginia Misurelli. Her parents come from
          Rende - which she visited last year when her parents returned for the
          first time in decades. There are (were) Misurellis also in Marano
          Marchesato and she is hoping to trace her lineage in these towns and
          others around Cosenza. Consequently we felt that linking up with this
          Yahoo group would be a positive step to achieving this goal.
          Regards
          Paul Carter
          Melbourne Australia"

          Paul,
          Welcome to the group.  Where are you at in your research?  Have you done
          any research of Rende civil records at the mormon family history centers
          yet?

          Lisa Perkins

          Do you Yahoo!?