Kenosha visit

  • gene.palmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2001
      Hello Group,

      My name is Janice Palmer and I have only recently joined the group.  I was born and raised in Kenosha, Wisconsin.  I will be visiting fanily and friends there in March.  I am curious as to why so many times I have seen Kenosha mentioned during my research on my ancestors from Rende (Marano Marchesato area).  One of you was just there, I believe researching the Ruffolo name.  Is there a way I can find out more info on my ancestors just by visiting Kenosha?  Where do most of the members live?  In the Chicago area?  Obviously, this is not urgent.  I am just amazed to see my hometown mentioned so often!

      Thank You~Janice Palmer
    • MJRuffolo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2001
        I, too, was born in Kenosha (though I moved to Missouri when I was 13). My
        dad migrated to Kenosha from the Chicago area within a few years of his
        immigration from Marano Marchesato (in 1913). I have many Ruffolo (and
        Conforti) cousins who settled in Kenosha after their own immigration from
        either Marano Marchesato or Marano Principato. These cousins have been a
        great source of information on my grandparents and greatgrandparents. One of
        the facts that I often find is that these cousins (first, second, and
        variously removed) have frequently married (after coming to Kenosha)
        individuals who immigrated from one of the Maranos or Rende.

        I love going to Kenosha!!

        Mary Jane Ruffolo
        Daughter of Achille "Kelly" Ruffolo