sad news

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 19, 2000
      Hi everyone,
      I just wanted to let you all know that my mother, Virginia passed away
      on December 12, 2000. She was the daughter of Francesco Vincenzo Basile
      and Gelsomina Barbieri, of Marano Marchesato. She died suddenly of a
      brain aneurysm (forgive the likely misspelling). I am sorry to say that
      I have another excuse for neglecting my work on the Marano web site.
      Please don't give up on me yet!
      Lisa Perkins
    • Caesar, Karen M.
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 20, 2000
        Sorry to hear about your mother Lisa. My prayers are with you.

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 20, 2000
          Dear Lisa,
          I am sorry to learn that your mother has passed away. My condolences to
          you and your family. I hope that while she was alive she was heartened by all
          your research into the family roots.
          I will light a candle in her memory.
          Mantanete forte.
          John Andreozzi
        • Peter L. Belmonte
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 20, 2000
            Dear Lisa,
            We are very saddened to hear the news of your mother's death. We will
            pray for you and your family. Please don't be concerned about working on
            the web page or e-mail list until you're quite ready. Thanks for all the
            work you've done for Marano researchers. Sincerely,
            Pete Belmonte and family

            On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 21:11:06 -0800 Lisa Perkins
            <lisaperkins@...> writes:
            > Hi everyone,
            > I just wanted to let you all know that my mother, Virginia passed
            > away
            > on December 12, 2000. She was the daughter of Francesco Vincenzo
            > Basile
            > and Gelsomina Barbieri, of Marano Marchesato. She died suddenly of
            > brain aneurysm (forgive the likely misspelling). I am sorry to say
            > that
            > I have another excuse for neglecting my work on the Marano web site.
            >
            > Please don't give up on me yet!
            > Lisa Perkins

            GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
            http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
          • Anthony Molinaro
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 20, 2000
              Our prayers are with you.

              ----------
              > From: Lisa Perkins <lisaperkins@...>
              > To: maranofamilies@egroups.com
              > Subject: [maranofamilies] sad news
              > Date: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 11:11 PM
              >
              > Hi everyone,
              > I just wanted to let you all know that my mother, Virginia passed away
              > on December 12, 2000. She was the daughter of Francesco Vincenzo Basile
              > and Gelsomina Barbieri, of Marano Marchesato. She died suddenly of a
              > brain aneurysm (forgive the likely misspelling). I am sorry to say that
              > I have another excuse for neglecting my work on the Marano web site.
              > Please don't give up on me yet!
              > Lisa Perkins

            • nancy buckley
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 21, 2000
                Lisa ,  I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.  I hope you find peace at the holidays.  Thankyou for all your hard work on the website.
                                                                                        Nancy Buckley

              • Oldiani@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 21, 2000
                  Dear Lisa,

                  I am so so sorry to hear about your mother. Such a wonderful vibrant woman.
                  A terrible loss compounded by this being the holiday season. We'll keep you
                  and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

                  Louise
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 28, 2000
                    Dear Maranese Researchers,
                    Thanks to you all for your warm condolences.

                    Just an update, a gentlman who contacted me within the last couple of
                    months, Alessandro D'Alessandro, has provided quite a bit of information
                    about Marano Marchesato. He once lived there. I believe I referred you
                    to his web site, which includes a short history of the town and some
                    photographs, as well as an opportunity to view the current weather
                    conditions around Calabria: http://mysite.ciaoweb.it/alexdalex/

                    This past week he sent me a scan of a topographical map of Marano
                    Marchesato, something I have been seeking for a long time now. It IS
                    hard to read, though. I am still working on deciphering it. It doesn't
                    seem to indicate the 5 frazioni (centro, Perri, Malvitani, etc....).
                    Hopefully I will get it on the website soon.

                    Again, thanks for your condolences.

                    Lisa Perkins
                  • Caesar, Karen M.
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 28, 2000
                      Dear Lisa, I am very sorry to hear about your mother. My prayers are with
                      you Karen Caesar

                      Thanks to you all for your warm condolences.

                      Just an update, a gentlman who contacted me within the last couple of
                      months, Alessandro D'Alessandro, has provided quite a bit of information
                      about Marano Marchesato. He once lived there. I believe I referred you
                      to his web site, which includes a short history of the town and some
                      photographs, as well as an opportunity to view the current weather
                      conditions around Calabria: http://mysite.ciaoweb.it/alexdalex/

                      This past week he sent me a scan of a topographical map of Marano
                      Marchesato, something I have been seeking for a long time now. It IS
                      hard to read, though. I am still working on deciphering it. It doesn't
                      seem to indicate the 5 frazioni (centro, Perri, Malvitani, etc....).
                      Hopefully I will get it on the website soon.

                      Again, thanks for your condolences.

                      Lisa Perkins
                    • William Klinger, Jr.
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 20, 2001
                        Hello Group,

                        Just a note to let everyone know of the passing of Rita Cosentino in Marano
                        Marchesato this past week.

                        Rita was the oldest living child of Gelsomina Cosentino Porro. She leaves a
                        sister, Ida in Marano Marchesato and a brother Emilio in Chicago. Her
                        brother Santo (Chicago) passed away last January.

                        I had the oportunity to visit with Ida and Rita this past summer.

                        Regards,

                        Bill Klinger (grandson of Peter Porro)