Re: [maranofamilies] Mario Costabile birth record look-up

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2000
      Dear Pete,
      I was at the FHC today (finally) and I could not find a birth record for
      Mario Costabile in Marano Marchesato. Sorry!
      Lisa

      "Peter L. Belmonte" wrote:

      > Hello Fellow Maranesi,
      > If anyone has access to the 1892 birth records, could they please look up
      > Mario Costabile, born February 2, 1892. His draft reg. card indicates
      > "Marano" as the birthplace--could be either Marchesato or Principato. I
      > am interested because his WW1 draft reg card also indicates he had
      > already served in the US Cavalry before 1917; I was anxious to find out
      > more about him. So, if anyone can find more info (exact date/place of
      > birth, parents, etc.), please let me know.
      > Thanks,
      > Pete Belmonte
      > Swansea, IL
      > pb25@...
    • Peter L. Belmonte
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2000
        Dear Lisa,
        Thanks for the look-up. Has anyone else noticed discrepancies between
        date of birth information as given on various documents--for instance,
        I've seen World War One draft registration cards from several MM and MP
        natives which give date of births and those dates don't check out with
        the MM or MP vital records (as recorded on the microfilms). Perhaps some
        men lied about their year of birth?? Any ideas?
        Pete Belmonte

        On Wed, 04 Oct 2000 20:37:47 -0700 Lisa Perkins
        <lisaperkins@...> writes:
        > Dear Pete,
        > I was at the FHC today (finally) and I could not find a birth record
        > for
        > Mario Costabile in Marano Marchesato. Sorry!
        > Lisa
        >
        > "Peter L. Belmonte" wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello Fellow Maranesi,
        > > If anyone has access to the 1892 birth records, could they please
        > look up
        > > Mario Costabile, born February 2, 1892. His draft reg. card
        > indicates
        > > "Marano" as the birthplace--could be either Marchesato or
        > Principato. I
        > > am interested because his WW1 draft reg card also indicates he had
        > > already served in the US Cavalry before 1917; I was anxious to
        > find out
        > > more about him. So, if anyone can find more info (exact
        > date/place of
        > > birth, parents, etc.), please let me know.
        > > Thanks,
        > > Pete Belmonte
        > > Swansea, IL
        > > pb25@...

        Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2000
          Pete,
          Have you noticed a trend in the discrepancies? For example, are they
          saying to the draft that they are older or younger than the italian
          civil records would indicate?
          Lisa

          "Peter L. Belmonte" wrote:

          > Dear Lisa,
          > Thanks for the look-up. Has anyone else noticed discrepancies between
          > date of birth information as given on various documents--for instance,
          > I've seen World War One draft registration cards from several MM and MP
          > natives which give date of births and those dates don't check out with
          > the MM or MP vital records (as recorded on the microfilms). Perhaps some
          > men lied about their year of birth?? Any ideas?
          > Pete Belmonte
          >
          > On Wed, 04 Oct 2000 20:37:47 -0700 Lisa Perkins
          > <lisaperkins@...> writes:
          > > Dear Pete,
          > > I was at the FHC today (finally) and I could not find a birth record
          > > for
          > > Mario Costabile in Marano Marchesato. Sorry!
          > > Lisa
          > >
          > > "Peter L. Belmonte" wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hello Fellow Maranesi,
          > > > If anyone has access to the 1892 birth records, could they please
          > > look up
          > > > Mario Costabile, born February 2, 1892. His draft reg. card
          > > indicates
          > > > "Marano" as the birthplace--could be either Marchesato or
          > > Principato. I
          > > > am interested because his WW1 draft reg card also indicates he had
          > > > already served in the US Cavalry before 1917; I was anxious to
          > > find out
          > > > more about him. So, if anyone can find more info (exact
          > > date/place of
          > > > birth, parents, etc.), please let me know.
          > > > Thanks,
          > > > Pete Belmonte
          > > > Swansea, IL
          > > > pb25@...

          > Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
          > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
        • Peter L. Belmonte
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2000
            Lisa,
            No I haven't. I've found several WW1 draft registration cards which give
            date of birth (in MM). Then, I check the indexes for that year and don't
            find the name. Now, I haven't checked the whole rolls, just the indexes,
            and the lists found on your web site. So, I don't know if the men are
            older or younger than what their reg cards indicate.
            Pete