[maranofamilies] more research coming

  • tonydebmo@worldnet.att.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4, 1999
      Hi Lisa;

      As you can see, I've finally joined the Marano egroup.
      Thanks again for looking at my family research. I've almost finished
      the resource list and I'll send that to you this month.

      For the others out there in this group, I am researching my family
      history from the towns of Marano Marchesato, Marano Principato and
      Rende.

      Family names in my research include: MOLINARO, MAGNOCAVALLO, CONFORTI,
      CAIRA,
      STORINO, STURINO, VOLPENTESTA, and many others.

      (p.s., I am also a member of POINT.)
      (p.p.s., Peter Belmonte is a wellspring of knowledge, and he's been a
      great help to me.)

      Tony Molinaro
    • Peter L Belmonte
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 4, 1999
        Tony,
        Welcome to the group and thanks for the kind words. Everyone has been
        very helpful; I remember Louise sent me a huge packet of information on
        our common ancestors/relatives--STILL haven't entered them all in PAF!
        And thanks to Lisa for this great Marano homepage and group. I'll be out
        of the country until mid September--take care,
        Pete
        Abbreviated list of families from Marano Marchesato:
        Belmonte, Spizzirri, Caira, Conforti, Sicilia, Dodaro, Santelli,
        Marchese, Morrone, Chiappetta, DeBartolo
      • Diane
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 7, 1999
          I hope this gets to Tony.

          I am Diane Belmonte Patterson, cousin of Peter Belmonte. Peter and I
          had the same Grandfather but different Grandmothers.

          I hope this might be of some help, I am not sure if Peter had this
          information since it is from my grandmothers side of the family which is
          the Scornavaccos.

          Carmella Scornavacco mother of Louise De Bartolo which was the mother of
          Maria Perfetti, which was the mother of Carolina Conforti. Carolina
          married Francesco Perfetti in 1830.

          They had two children Marina born 2 13 1832, and Benedetto born April 8,
          1834

          Diane
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 7, 1999
            Dear Diane,
            Regarding your last message, you stated:
            "Carmella Scornavacco mother of Louise De Bartolo which was the mother
            of
            Maria Perfetti, which was the mother of Carolina Conforti. Carolina
            married Francesco Perfetti in 1830."

            Did you mean to say:
            "Carmella Scornavacco DAUGHTER of Louise De Bartolo which was the
            DAUGHTER of Maria Perfetti, which was the DAUGHTER of Carolina
            Conforti. Carolina
            married Francesco Perfetti in 1830." ?

            I have records to support the family of Francesco Perfetti and Carolina
            Conforti. I am a descendant of this couple.

            You mentioned that the couple was married in 1830. The on-line database
            at this moment states that they were married sometime before 1832. My
            more recent records indicate, however, that they must have been married
            before 1828, because I found the birth record of their son, Leopoldo,
            who was born Feb. 28, 1828, not to mention the birth record of their son
            Giacinto, born Sept. 1, 1829.

            Isn't this fun?

            Lisa Perkins
          • Diane
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 7, 1999
              Lisa,

              According to my mom this is what she wrote for me to tell you. (I just
              tried to call her and she was not home.) She has indeed written that
              "Carmella Scornavacco is the mother of Louisa De Bartolo who is the
              mother of Maria Perfett who is the mother of Carolina Conforti.

              "Carolina Conforti married Francesco Perfetti 1830 had children Maria @
              13,1832, Benedetto born April 8, 1834.

              She goes on to say "I have them on a family sheet the Setuagione di
              Famiglia from Marano Marchesato if they want a copy. Their son
              Benedetto had a son Carmine,
              who married Emilia Belmonte and had six children. Carmine was born
              Sept. 14, 1873, Emilia Belmonte born Feb.3, 1880, and children Maria
              born May 9, 1900 ,
              Elisa Oct. 25, 1903, Archille Nov. 17, 1905, Constentina Oct. 29,
              1908, Guelino April 28, 1913 and Guglielmo Oct. 19 1916."

              Have family sheet on Carmine. His birth certificate and those of his
              children showing their marriages and death notices."

              There you have it in a nutshell. It is hard to read my moms writing.
              So if names are not spelled right I will have to correct them.

              She has done a lot of writing to Italia to get documentation on things,
              we have found that so many things have the wrong dates on them. Let me
              know what you think.

              Diane
            • Diane
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 7, 1999
                Lisa, Looking at my moms writing I think you are right Caramel daughter
                of Louisa, daughter of Maria Perfetti daughter of Carolina Conforti.

                I don't see Leopold listed anywhere or Giacinto. I will pass this on
                to mom, she loves reaching this stuff. It is quite interesting. I
                guess maybe we are related?

                How fun.

                Diane Belmonte Patterson
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 7, 1999
                  Dear Diane,
                  It sure sounds like we are cousins!

                  Regarding the document your mother obtained, the "Setuagione di
                  Famiglia from Marano Marchesato" - I wonder what this record is. I
                  looked it up in my Italian/English dictionary to no avail. I have heard
                  of census-like documents called Stato di famiglia. If this were a
                  census, then I wonder what the date of the census was. Perhaps only the
                  two children were included because they were the only ones still living
                  at home - I am just guessing. The birth dates that you have for Maria
                  and Benedetto jive with my information.

                  Benedetto is my gg grandfather. I do not have a record of him having a
                  son named Carmine. Given the scattered birthdates of his three
                  daughters that know of, I am not surprised to find that there were more
                  kids in the family. I am very interested in the documents that your mom
                  has, as it sounds like they would not be available via microfilm.

                  Lisa Perkins
                • Diane
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 8, 1999
                    Lisa, I will call mom today and ask for the correct spelling of the
                    word. I will take the information and get it copied for you. Do you
                    have a fax or should I send via the mail?

                    Francesco Perfetti would have been my Great Great Grandfather.

                    Look forward to hearing from you.

                    Diane
                  • tonydebmo@worldnet.att.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 8, 1999
                      no link yet from the CONFORTI side.
                      My great-grandmother was Rosa CONFORTI, and she had a brother named
                      Francesco CONFORTI. Both were born in the 1860s in Marano.

                      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/maranofamilies/?start=38