[maranofamilies] Pompeo Caira and Pompeo Cairo

  • lisaperkins@mediaone.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 1999
      Hi you two,
      Louise brought to my attention the ancestor of yours Pompeo Caira,
      spouse of Anna Maria Conforti and the fact that he could be the same
      person as Pompeo Cairo, spouse of Marianna Conforti, also in the
      database.

      I have record of Pompeo Caira only from the info you two have provided
      me. My records of Pompeo Cairo come from the marriage record of his
      son, Gioacchino Cairo to Carmina Micieli in 1812. Based upon my notes,
      I did not study the processetti of this 1812 marriage, I likely just
      transcribed whatever was in the atti di matrimonio. I also have a
      recordof Gioacchino's daughter, Maria's marriage to Carmine Morelli in
      1877. I did not study the processetti for that either. The
      processetti from either or both these marriages should confirm whether
      the two Pompeos and Anna Maria/Marianna are one in the same couple.

      I will put this on my to-do list for September.

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/maranofamilies
    • Peter L Belmonte
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 1999
        Hi Lisa and Louise,
        I hope you can make some sense of the Pompeo Caira/o question. I have to
        admit, I haven't checked that closely for these two Pompeos. Louise and
        I are descended from the Cairas who were millers, maybe that's a clue.
        Where did you find the Marianna record--from Gioacchino's marriage
        record? It's a little confusing, trying to figure this stuff out after
        150 years.
        Anyway, I'd like to complete the Caira descendancy list--Louise has a
        great start on it with her Palermo line (which married into the Caira
        line, or vice versa). Keep us posted!
        Thanks,
        Pete