[maranofamilies] Re: VOLPENTESTA

  • Anthony Molinaro
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
      I didn't realize that there were unlinked names in the Marano
      database.

      I've discovered a few more Giraldi ancestors related to my wife.
      I'll gather all of those names and data and send them to you.

      ----------
      > From: Bill Volpentest <wvolpent@...>
      > To: maranofamilies@egroups.com
      > Subject: [maranofamilies] Re: VOLPENTESTA
      > Date: Sunday, January 30, 2000 11:42 PM
      >
      > Tony,
      > Yes, I did recieve your e-mail. I don't know if Antonio Volpentesta is
      > related to me. Thats why I joined the Marano group, since Marano is only
      > about 3 km from Rende.
      >
      > I know from research in Ripabottoni, where my grandmother is from, that
      the
      > guys from Morrone del Sannio, about 3 km from Ripa, used to go to
      > Ripabottoni to find their girls, and ended up marrying them. The guys
      from
      > Ripa would go to Morrone to find girls. Life is wonderful, isn't it?
      >
      > I have several charts with unlinked Volpentesta's and Giraldi's, some of
      > them are from or had marriages in Marano (both Marchesato and
      Principato).
      > I'm almost positive that since the Volpentesta name is relatiely rare,
      and
      > only occurs in the vincinity of Rende, the two Marano's and environs, any
      > one Volpentesta is related to most if not all the other Volpentesta's.
      To a

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
        Dear Tony and others,

        Yes, there are definitely unlinked names in the database. There are
        probably instances where the same person is shown as two different
        people!

        The reason for this is that I take a record, say a birth record, and
        enter the facts, say in 1885 a child named Antonio was born to Francesco
        and Gelsomina. I might have also come across the father Francesco's
        1860 birth record 25 years earlier, but have no way of knowing, based on
        the two birth records, that the two Francescos are one in the same. The
        marriage record of Francesco and Gelsomina would give me a link!

        The other link-sources I have are the welcome family trees that many of
        you have provided. If one of you were descended from the above
        mentioned people, your tree may reflect the relationship and provide the
        reason for me to merge the Francescos into one.

        So please, Tony and others, continue to look skeptically at these
        databases and let me know if you see the above mentioned instances.

        The database is far from complete, but I would so love to say someday
        that anyone who was born, was married, or died in Marano Marchesato is
        included in the database. What would even be greater would be to find
        that, after all records were transcribed, there was NOT an "unattached"
        person or family!

        Lisa
      • Tony Molinaro
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2000
          F.Y.I.

          On this discussion page, I clicked on the "Database" tab, then clicked
          the "Our Surnames" tab. Then I input all the surnames I am
          researching. This looks to be a great tool for sorting our surnames
          and matching up our research.

          I hope everyone in this discussion group will input their surnames
          into this database tool.

          Tony Molinaro

          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/maranofamilies/?start=279