I am off to Calabria!

  • LisaAnn
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 23 1:40 PM
      Hi everyone. I just wanted to give you a heads up that I am going on my Calabria trip Sept 10-24. I am planning on visiting Marano Marchesato at least once during the trip, I have leisure days on the 12th, 15th and the 19th. A friend of mine offered to pick me up and take me to the town to see my relatives on one of those days. Now I only have to get in touch with those relatives to let them know I am coming.

      I have a planned visit to Cosenza the morning of the 13th,to Castrolibero on as well as the church of San Francesco di Paola in Paola on the morning of the 15th. On the 22 we drive to Rome and spend the remainder of our trip there.

      Any words of wisdom?

      Lisa Perkins
    • Caesar, Karen M.
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 23 1:48 PM

        Yes, one word. Have a “wonderful” trip.

        Karen Caesar

        Warehouse Supervisor

        College of DuPage

        630-942-2238

        Caesar@...

        Hi everyone. I just wanted to give you a heads up that I am going on my Calabria trip Sept 10-24. I am planning on visiting Marano Marchesato at least once during the trip, I have leisure days on the 12th, 15th and the 19th. A friend of mine offered to pick me up and take me to the town to see my relatives on one of those days. Now I only have to get in touch with those relatives to let them know I am coming.

        I have a planned visit to Cosenza the morning of the 13th,to Castrolibero on as well as the church of San Francesco di Paola in Paola on the morning of the 15th. On the 22 we drive to Rome and spend the remainder of our trip there.

        Any words of wisdom?

        Lisa Perkins

      • william chiappetta
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 23 2:02 PM

          YES I ALSO SAY HAVE A GREAT TIME , WISH I WAS GOING WITH YOU.

          BILL CHIAPPETTA

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 23 2:30 PM
            Have a wonderful time!  Take lots of pix to share, please!  I'll bet most of the group wishes we could also be going there.  Enjoy!

            Rose

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 25 7:18 AM
                I forgot to mention, when I was in Marano Marchesato, I stopped at the church there and the priest was able to show me the book with the record of my fathers baptism in 1915. I was able to photograph it. The city hall can also help with old records and you can photograph them also or perhaps they can make a copy for you. It's best to go to these places with someone that is local and speaks the local Italian. I think it helps a lot. There is a nice coffee shop across from City Hall. If you go there say hello to my cousin Mirko for me. He runs the shop.

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 29 7:58 PM
                  I will certainly do so. Thank you William.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 29 7:58 PM